Thread: License/Registration lost again...

Default License/Registration lost again...

My license had failed again for the second time in less than a month. I have added no new hardware or software, so as was suggested the last time it probably was due to a Windows update. And once again, it's on a weekend! My second license is on a computer too far away to bother to drive to so it looks like I'm grounded until at least Tuesday.

It seems funny I'd be the only person having this issue, but I don't see any recent posts about it here in the forums?

Have you tried a system restore, choosing a date you know the software was working.
    Morton

Quote Originally Posted by mwhatch View Post
    Have you tried a system restore, choosing a date you know the software was working.
    I haven't tried it, and my system is otherwise running fine, and I'd rather not revert back or refrain from system updates just so the software will run. Fortunately I don't NEED to carve this weekend, it's just rainy so it'd be a good day for it.

4. Default

That only happened to once to me. It was an update from HP that did it to my machine.

That only happened to me also. It was an update from dell that did it to my machine.
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

So yesterday I got my old license removed and re-registered my computer. All is well. Easy enough short of the wait over the weekend.

In the middle of the night last night, something came to me. I wonder what would happen if I just had LHR delete my registration(s) now? It would seem since Designer is now in sync with my computer that Designer would still run and I'd still have my patterns and add-on and the lack of the registration on file online would not be an issue until I went to update the software or add patterns or features from the CW web site. That would leave the registration open for future glitches.

Any thoughts about this? Has anyone done it?

Designer would fail when it checked for your computer registration at Designer startup if computer has internet connection.

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Carver View Post
    Designer would fail when it checked for your computer registration at Designer startup if computer has internet connection.
    Well my thinking is Designer does not check online when it starts up, otherwise there would be some lag. When your registration fails, the screen comes right up. I'm guessing when you register, Designer saves the information locally and compares it to the current system when it starts. But I may be wrong.

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

Designer doesn't check the internet for licenses upon startup.

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Carver View Post