Thread: A little help with a project for my MOPH friends

Default A little help with a project for my MOPH friends

I am helping my local chapter of Military Order of the Purple Heart with a project for wounded soldiers. I make pens from purple heart wood that they take to hospitals for wounded soldiers. They have asked me if I can head up paper and writing supply donations for soldiers as well. So, I want to build a very nice donation box to put in my store. Building the box is no problem, but I would like to put nice carvings from various branches of the military on each side, soldier relief portraits would be nice, but I may end up having to go with logos. Any suggestions and any shared art work would be deeply appreciated. I want it to catch a lot of attention for donations.

Morton

Quote Originally Posted by mwhatch View Post
    Some nice patterns there, but not quite what I'm looking for. I guess I just have images in my head, I better start editing images on the computer to make them match. Wish me luck and thanks for the suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by jmoriearty View Post
    Some nice patterns there, but not quite what I'm looking for. I guess I just have images in my head, I better start editing images on the computer to make them match. Wish me luck and thanks for the suggestion!
    What "kind" of images you have in mind? Post a few, more even, and maybe we can tag team on them and "geter dun!"
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    What "kind" of images you have in mind? Post a few, more even, and maybe we can tag team on them and "geter dun!"
    I am still working on it in my head. I would like to have a carving on each side to represent a branch of the military in some way and a motto to go with it. It is one of those things where I am not sure of the images yet, but I am sure of the feelings I want them to represent. I may have to hand carve the piece and just let my heart guide my hands....lol. Always seems to work.