Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got one of them new fangled Keurig Machines...

1. Default

Here's my version, holds 72 k-cups, built about a year ago. The internal cup-holders are 1/8" oak ply with CW cut holes, angled back to keep the cups from falling out due to their shape. The door carving is maple. Two 3/4 x7 1/4 planks were taped together, then carved, giving me perfectly matched design across the two doors. The rest is three simple Oak boxes built with rabbets and dadoes. At the time they were built using my table saw, but could be programmed for the CW. The Coffee Cup and Beans are a model purchased from VectorClip 3D (thanks Norbert!!). I hope that this might spark some ideas.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4034.JPG 
Views:	193 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	62484Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4035.JPG 
Views:	167 
Size:	699.4 KB 
ID:	62485Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4036.JPG 
Views:	174 
Size:	747.0 KB 
ID:	62486Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4037.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	739.3 KB 
ID:	62487Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_4033.JPG 
Views:	183 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	62488
    Thanks for looking.
    Brent
    Down East Carving Studio
    Fredericton NB Canada
    CW-B with CT, rubber belts, Designer 1.187

Nice work downeastcvr. One for on the carve list.Wow

Excellent job Brent! I may have to build one for the wife. Maybe a Christmas present on the works! Hay Michael how about that one!!!

4. Default

That is cool! I like the way you carved the doors, that was a great idea.

This is clearly a high capacity assault coffee magazine and might not be legal in all locations! Looks good, though.

I know of several people in my family that would love one of those. Really like the design on the front....and yes, Norbert's patterns are some of the best.

Been visiting my newest grandson and without internet over the weekend so just now getting to see the responses. Seems to be a lot of interest in k-cup holders. Brent that really looks good, any chance of you sharing where you got the coffee design. Tom

Silly me, Brent I just went back and reread your post in which you did indeed share where you got the pattern. Still a fantastic job. Question though: How does one get the Vectric 3d patterns into a form compatible for a CW? Tom
    Last edited by radman5506; 05-28-2013 at 05:23 PM.

9. Default

Thanks to all for the great comments. It is indeed a mega-magazine. We here have a couple of stores that stock over 100 different types of k-cups, and also sell them as "mix and match", so you can try samples of everything without committing to a 12, 18 or 24 size box. That is the reason I made it so large. Easy enough to just make regular doors for the rear box, cutting the size down to 36 from 72.

Radmann5506: When I first signed on with Vectorclip3D, the only way to use the patterns a to download STL's and use the STL importer. Now many (if not all) are available as PTN's. I have subscribed for 2 years. It's now $250 for a year, with 10 downloads per day (other plans are available, and no I am not a Vectorclip Certified Referring Agent like Ringneck Blues and Capt. Bruce). I've downloaded over 4000 patterns for less than $500 over the 2 years. I still get the STL's because I also have Aspire 4.0

Brent

Mr. downeast, did you ever make this into a carvewright pattern? Would love to make this for kitchen. I do not have a shop, only carve wright, chain saw, and sander. lol So pattern would be great. I found vector 3d shop and can buy pattern but box eludes me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast