Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got one of them new fangled Keurig Machines...

Default Got one of them new fangled Keurig Machines...

Hello everyone the Keurig is a fine coffee maker but storing the k-cups is a pain. I am not happy with the storage solutions I have found on line. Most have a very small loading capacity. It would be best if it held two varieties and between 24 and 54 k-cups as that is how many come in the bigger boxes. Does anyone have or know of a pattern for a k-cup holder. I can make something when given dimensions but have a hard time with the design part. Kind of like the fabrication design guys for the Star Wars Movies. Someone brought the a picture of a spaceship they wanted built and asked if the guys could build it. They said sure what are the dimensions? That is me all over
    Last edited by radman5506; 05-22-2013 at 12:00 PM. Reason: added wordage

I have thought about this several times as we have one too, just haven't reached the point where I decided to go ahead and design something. Maybe Michael Tyler can be convinced to make one for a POM?

dave

Quote Originally Posted by dltccf View Post
    I have thought about this several times as we have one too, just haven't reached the point where I decided to go ahead and design something. Maybe Michael Tyler can be convinced to make one for a POM?

dave
    I don't even know what a k-cup holder is...I can google it later. Could a project based on the cup holders have a fairly wide appeal?
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by dltccf View Post
    Maybe Michael Tyler can be convinced to make one for a POM?

dave
    +1 for the K-Cup holder. It would be a very popular project and would appeal to alot of people.

Michael,

I do not have a K-cup coffee machine but Walter dose and it seems to besomething that a lot of people have or are getting in to. One can just brew onecup at a time.

Maybe a POM of a coffee cup holder with an area to put the k-cups in.

Perhaps a shelf area for the coffee cups to set or hang and the angled slot forthe different K-cup to be stored in.

Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

I'm a +1 also... pretty much everyone in my family has a Keurig (or compatible) brewer now, not to mention many of the smaller clients I do consulting for... I'm envisioning "valued customer" gifts around the x-mas season. If you do take this one MT, try to include a smaller 2x4 area that can be used to customize these (company logos ect) if possible!
    Doug Fletcher

We have this one. It works pretty good!

https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...&ved=0CJUBELkk
    Steve

Heck yes.... That would be awesome. I've had a Keurig for years & making a double or triple deck carousel that can be personalized would be beyond Kewl & a big hit for many I'm sure.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

Not a CW project, but thought it appropriate to share - given the discussion. Client wanted a K-Cup holder and is a collector of rolling pins. She wanted to marry the two - and this is what I ended up with.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kcup Rolling pin.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	997.5 KB 
ID:	62472
    Ya gotta have a dream - otherwise you're just sleeping!

Never touched the stuff, but picked up this little thing for the wife, who does drink, for Christmas. Think it was only $15
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 005.JPG  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast