Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Flex Shaft Melt Down

Well that does suck! To remove the flex shaft, after removing the top cover, loosen/remove the small screw on the cut motor then rotate the flex shaft so the keyed will come out.

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/se...aft_sheath.pdf
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I had no problem finding the liquid wrench chain lube with moly at the local Blaine Farm and Fleet Store. It may be possible to purchase it on line.

Done and carving. thanks
    Carvewright A machine 2007
    Carvewright C machine 2013 DC-Insert
    Mavric iMac i7 16gig latest version
    Designer 1.187, Designer 2.04, Centerline Text, Conforming Vectors, STL importer, DFX importer, Pattern Editor and probe

4. Default

Keep in mind that liquid wrench changed the formula on the chain lube with moly and it is no longer recommended for use with the flex shaft. You would have to find the old formula which is really really hard or go with something else. LHR sells a lube for the flex shaft or you can use crane cam lube. Here is a pic of the can with the old formula.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old formula.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	65669

Can anyone tell me if the spring in the flex shaft is able to be purchased seperately or does a whole flex shaft with cable need to be purchased? Cannot find it in my search of the parts online. Thanks

I have had them fall out and I stomped them to death before I realized it.. Last I knew it was a no...

I will let LHR chime in... But I believe some have run the flex without the spring.... but due to the possible fire hazard... I won't go on record asying it is OK....

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03358_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by ekimnamyr View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the spring in the flex shaft is able to be purchased seperately or does a whole flex shaft with cable need to be purchased? Cannot find it in my search of the parts online. Thanks
    I remember them saying that the spring was no longer available itself. Something like: it was too hard to ship without getting damaged.

Thanks for the info, Guess I will get hold of LHR, While I am here can some one shed a little light on an issue that has happenednon my last two carves, When I flip the piece over and start the top side carve it gives me a message that board is wrong size? With two choices to make 1 reload 2 continue After taking the board out twice and blowing the machine out and the sensors doing a good cleaning, I could not get past the stage where it kept telling me wrong size,, How could it be wrong all i did was flip it? Anyway I selected continue and all went well with the carving, Just wondered if it is a early warning sign to a malfunction?? Thank in advance I know help is on the way..

The wrong size message just means the machine measured the board front to be a little different size than the back. This can happen, for example, if the edges of the board are not square. Sometimes it can happen just because the board sensor is a bit inconsistent. It is a little worrisome if you want a perfect line up but I do not think it is a real problem.

I've been running my machine for some time now without a spring in the flex .... Just sayin ... One less part to worry about ...
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast