Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Machine - Inconsistent Measurments

jpshogs,

Apologies. I meant to also invite you to upload an MPC here (one that you have had trouble with the carvings coming out too small). We can take a look at the MPC and then let you know if there are any layout issues that need to be corrected and let you know exactly what board size will be required to prevent the scaling problem.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Thanks I think that will help!!

I highly recommend that tips and tricks article for understanding the scaling issue.

Digital, I think I see what you are saying about the spacer board and placing on end. That would probably save me some material and as you said, save a lot of servo time. Do you ever having any trouble with the tape or the machine seeing the tape? Is there an article or further tips on how to do this? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DCHeels View Post
    I highly recommend that tips and tricks article for understanding the scaling issue.

Digital, I think I see what you are saying about the spacer board and placing on end. That would probably save me some material and as you said, save a lot of servo time. Do you ever having any trouble with the tape or the machine seeing the tape? Is there an article or further tips on how to do this? Thanks!
    I have not had a problem with the machine seeing the tape... Remember if I have this right... The Computer only pays attention to the board sensor for length when it knows it moved out from under the roller by about 3 inches and the board edge in near...

I keep a 3/8 dowel hanging on the machine cart. When I use a Taped on the END 3.5 inch board I stick the dowel down the Flex Opening and hold the taped board joint SNUG to the Brass ROLLER as it measures the first time, as sometimes it raises ever so slightly at the tape joint.

Yes, the taped on piece does save wood... I DO have a large pile of blanks.... Cut from the end of the board in the beginning... I use them to make Xmas Ornaments and small black bears on a Sled with SIDES to fit 3 boards at a time.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123