Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: priceing the pom's

Default priceing the pom's

I have 8 pom's from the 12 pom's from a year subcription, being summer and all I live in a tourist town the locals all work for minumin wage but we have the tourist that bring money in...my question is what do each of these pom's average price scale, I like doing them but don't want to give them away either.

I,m asking, is this question a dead horse or could someone answer with the prices ...no disrespect intended. just asking... thank you

It's a hard question to answer. Don't sell your self short. It's easier to come down then go up in price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I think your question is too broad. Everyone prices their work differently, and there are a lot of factors. Is yours a hobby or a business? Mine is more of a hobby, but I try to get at least $20 an hour, $10 an hour machine time, plus materials. How long does it take you to build a project, and what is your cost of materials?

Very true in that it's different everywhere. All depends on the demographics of the area you are in. I know some persons that charge 37 cents per carve time minute plus materials, plus labor hours.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

It comes down to Perceived Value and catching the eye of the Tourist... A Finicky Eye at that... For me in the Pocono Mountains of PA with tourist from NYC and Philly it's all about BEARS... Black Bears.... Something Cute from the Mountains...

A Bear Clock will sell all day for $35.00 but bump it to $45.00 and no way.... Being you are in Fla the tourist can be much more reserved... A direction would be to market something that Granny can buy the Grandkids..... Custom Name things can be a possibility... The machine can cut out wood names by loading the font called "My Chain" The trick is to set the depth to leave a skin on the bottom of the wood to hold all the small parts then sand the skin off.

Now for the price plan... I try to get 3 times to 4 times the cost of materials. With that being said.... I have not done a Craft Show in 3 years... No money in it now....

Good Luck,

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC07825_WEB.jpg   DSC07826_WEB.jpg   DSC08650_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I looked for my chain on fontspace.com and did not find. Where did you locate it ?

Dave

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by dltccf View Post
    I looked for my chain on fontspace.com and did not find. Where did you locate it ?

Dave
    Dave,

I THINK the link below has the font that AL uses. If not, I'm sure he will chime in.

"The Scrollsaw Workshop Stencil Printer 1.7 is my latest software for creating patterns. It will create key chain fobs, desk name plates and more. "
    "...and Scroll Saw Keychain Pattern Maker and oval keychain maker"
    http://www.scrollsawworkshop.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by mtylerfl; 05-21-2013 at 06:58 AM.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Hi,

I have that software. How about posting a few samples of your finished Keychains. I'm looking for Ideas for Christmas craft fair. Have you inlayed any?

All the best
    Chay

I have tried the numbers on someone's formula for the prices on the pom's...the wheelbarrow for instant...run the panels on optimal.....on the handles and wheels, on the best setting, total carving time...117 mins -chargeing .37 per min is $43.29....material, cost 15.28 x 2, total $30.56. and if I add 4 hrs minimum for labor at $9.00 is $36.00 ..which in reality took me 8hrs. the total adds up to..$109.85.....is this about right for the priceing ?
    Last edited by aokweld101; 05-22-2013 at 11:22 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast