Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Going NUTS with software

I remember the 1/4 shanks fit snugly in the adapters. It was a nice fit. Important I think if the set screws are to hold it. Try the Loctite. It will fix the problem.

( I used Loctite as the only holding method for 1/8" shanks in my own adapters. I could not even pound them out without the heat.)

2. Default

Loctite red just on the set screws or also on the shank in the loose fitting adapter?
    Thanks berg. I hope you're enjoying your weekend, and hope I'm not dragging on my questions
    I did get the full 25hr maintenance complete on machine and rails were dirtiest. I think it's 100% now and want to follow suit with the bit w/ adapters

I used blue Loctite. It was good enough. And yes, to "glue" the shank into the adapter.

4. Default

First one came out pretty good. The two pieces have a twist play of ~1/8". That may be only thing worth fixing. But some epoxy may fix that
    With much thanks to you Mr. Berg. And machine ran very well with no hiccups. That always makes one happy -even if it's just a knob XD

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (6).JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	440.0 KB 
ID:	62494Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (7).JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	331.6 KB 
ID:	62495

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910