Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Going NUTS with software

1. Default

Oh Canada. I don't think USPS goes that way on the flat rate boxes hehe
    Here is a pic of my piece. I forgot I had the negative from the cutout -I didn't sand that down.
    Also, had you realized you can't center a triangle? It does not geometrically center properly. An Isosceles anyway

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (8).JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	394.7 KB 
ID:	62482

2. Default

Ugh. I thought I got everything repaired from that little mishap with the bit slipping out. I went to measure a board and realized I couldn't get the bit in the chuck. It's got a hernia. That night with the mishap I did have to work at getting the collar out with the wrench. It did not come easy. Any idea what this problem is? I thought I ask before I go oiling and tapping (and eventually hammering) hehe.
    Tax time came too soon again Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (8).JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	602.0 KB 
ID:	62483

the head pressure is at 83 pounds, I'm useing the rubber belts. The only thing that I can think of is a dull bit

I had a extra two rollers that I made at the right heigth to set on a 4'x8' table for long boards for support, I did see that it just hit the roller moving the board about a 1/32 up the roller. The board was 60" long. It didn't seem as it was a problem. but then again it might of put it in a bind on the rollers causeing it to slip, Im going to lower it a tad bit.

5. Default

This prog is a knob, using a T-nut for an insert. Can someone tell me how to reduce the waste on the cut out of the knob grip shown in center? I'm thinking I may have to not use the cut out tool, but just make arcs and use the Select Bit function. Of course, I had to switch to SAE because of the cutout bugs for metric.
    Feel free to use the knob
    Thanks!

The grip should be good plywood, and the cylinder probably want to use hardwood or mdf (coated).
    The cylinder outside is an oval to act as a key into the grip, which has a small inset. The T-nut negative is complete with even the cutout for the small inside facet of the T-nut head.
    Nothing special, just a knob to match this project -and I haven't cut this out yet to test. My machine is dead at the moment with chuck problems

edit: included attached mpc

knob2.mpc
    Last edited by interloper; 05-25-2013 at 12:29 PM.

6. Default

Here's is a pic of the chuck I wrestled to get the collar out. It appears to be off center and stuck out. Can someone tell me the best way to correct this? The machine has 11 hours on it, but I am performing all of the 25 hour maintenance on it now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo (9).JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	389.2 KB 
ID:	62492

The trim tool is very useful.

For the chuck, I think you need to oil and wiggle it loose. Up and down and twist.
    Attached Files Attached Files

8. Default

Trim tool. OHH!! another 200 bucks for an essential tool!!?
    wow. I keep thinking the break tool was closest for that. So I got the STL, need DXF and now vector suite. Don't forget rock chuck -and hope we don't break down again. How did I ever get into this..
    Thanks for trimming
    I got the chuck corrected. I'm noticing on the collar I stole from my V bit for the 3/16" bit (the one that fell off while running) slides easily through the collar before tightening the set screws. The 1/2" bits I have have a threaded collet to tighten. These don't. Is that normal?

Quote Originally Posted by interloper View Post
    Trim tool. OHH!! another 200 bucks for an essential tool!!?
    wow. I keep thinking the break tool was closest for that. So I got the STL, need DXF and now vector suite. Don't forget rock chuck -and hope we don't break down again. How did I ever get into this..
    Thanks for trimming
    I got the chuck corrected. I'm noticing on the collar I stole from my V bit for the 3/16" bit (the one that fell off while running) slides easily through the collar before tightening the set screws. The 1/2" bits I have have a threaded collet to tighten. These don't. Is that normal?
    It could have been done without the trim tool.

By collar, I assume you mean a 1/4" QC adapter. I used to use blue loctite as well as the set screws on those things. Just heat with a propane torch when you want to remove the bit. (If you need more of those adapters, many forum members would be happy to send you a load.)

10. Default

Yes QC adapter. The stock chuck.
    But before the set screws it's ok that the bit slides freely in the adapter?
    I ask because the other bit set I got they don't slide freely at all.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast