Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'A" model machine or sale -make me an offer!

Default 'A" model machine or sale -make me an offer!

Older "A" model machine for sale, needs to be upgraded with the new 14 pin wire and new Z-motor bundle package before it can be used. Only 15 hrs and 54 mins cut time. Never had one problem with this machine (until a bit slipped out of the chuck), runs great, super clean and well taken care of!
    Make me an offer. I am in Charleston, SC and will possibly ship.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CC1.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	62309Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CC3.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	62310Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cw3.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	62311Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cw4.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	62312Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CWside.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	62313

Sadly it would be a parts unit for me offer 250

If you priced the big parts like the computer, Cut Motor, Power Supply, X Termination Board you really do have a valuable machine.... In the past I would suggest a broken machine would bring less than $500.00... I am not so quick to jump on that number now... Especially a 15 hour machine...

The trick is finding someone close to you to save the $100.00 on shipping...

The price of the parts you can salvage is over $600.00... Since the frame is not broken, it is really a jewel in the rough.... With 2 of my 4 "A" machines having way over 1K hours... That machine would be a PERFECT second machine for someone.

Not to rain on you Hess....

Good Luck,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I sent him a PM and offered $300 plus shipping but never got an answer. Since I'm assuming I will have to do everything to this one that I did to the A machine I have, I know what it will cost to upgrade. I could use a second machine, been trying to save for a new one but about the time I get ahead, something breaks. Oh the life of a woodworker lol.
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

Hey -sorry guys, I have not been getting email notifications for this thread for some reason so I assumed no one was interested so I decided to check it for myself. AL Who, I like your mode of thinking (maybe you could use it?). Off to check PMs and still holding out for a deal closer to Al's estimate.

I know I have not been in the forum for awhile, but has CW stop selling refurbished units for $999.99? Lol guess so!! Wow Al the price for a A model has gone up!

Ike

Ike,

Good to hear from you... Yes, for a 15 hour machine.... If it had 200 hours plus it would be much different...

Take Care,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Ike,

Good to hear from you... Yes, for a 15 hour machine.... If it had 200 hours plus it would be much different...

Take Care,

AL

15 hours is good, but still needs close to $500.00 to upgrade to fix the issues A models were having. So at $600.00 plus another $80.00 or more for shipping and then the upgrades that is perform by the user and not sending the unit to LHR, the the final price is about $1200.00. I couldn't find the $999.99 refurbished deal, but a new CW starts at $1399.99! So yes with 15 hours it may be fine, but my A model started having issues around 15 hours or less. Lol I do have a B model currently not working that is parts now! I may fix it some day!

But I still stand at my offer of $350.00 plus $80.00 for shipping! I may go up to $400.00 plus shipping $80.00. That is it though! I hope he finds a buyer and the price he is looking for! But Big Al don't forget the reason they made all the improvements LHR made to correct the issues and the cost to make the upgrades! Not to mention if the buyer can't do the repairs themselves the extra cost! So all together it comes out about $200.00 less then a brand new CW that is with the upgrades performed by the buyer. Even more if LHR performs the upgrades

Or the machine with the 15 hours may last and work to 1000 hours? Or one maybe two carves need repair? Guess it up to the buyer to chance?! Myself I remember all the issues on my first machine a A model! Yes many were operator error, not the upgrades I had LHR do all the work! Anyway Big Al that is my thought!

Ike

Don't hold back Buddy.... LOL....

Yes, ALL Valid points.... I guess I am getting SOFT in my Old Age... LOL... One of your "A" units is still enjoying being "Semi Retired" in my shop... I only use one at the moment with 3 looking on Bench Warming....

Good Luck,

AL

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Don't hold back Buddy.... LOL....

Yes, ALL Valid points.... I guess I am getting SOFT in my Old Age... LOL... One of your "A" units is still enjoying being "Semi Retired" in my shop... I only use one at the moment with 3 looking on Bench Warming....

Good Luck,

AL

Big Al, lol we are too good of friends not to hold back anything! No bad intentions, besides you needed a Yang to your Ying! Just having some fond...... well memories anyway of the A model days!!! Hooray for the Model C's and are the upgrades!!!! Lol

Still love you big Al!

Ike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast