Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dinning Table Project Progress

Default Still working

An update on the dinning room chairs (12)....since I vented in another thread about the regular problems with the carvewright machine I should mention that since that venting I've carved 30 pieces for the chairs, about 80 hours of carving, and have had no real problems. I did convert to the carve tight spindle and invested in two new bits which I sharpen regularly. Anyway I got all of the carving done for the 12 chairs and about to begin the sawing, routing and fitting of the pieces. The accompanying picture may be upside down...I still don't know how to correct that in the post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0578.pdf  

Good progress glad not trouble.

Default Rotated image.

I rotated your image.

edit: Will I did really!!! After loading the pdf if you go to view and rotate you can get it up right.. It must be some thing in how the pdf is loaded here.. HMMM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0578 rotated.pdf  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

A truly impressive project overall and we admire your stamina in keeping it going despite other distractions. Glad to know the CW is holding up and the CT spindle made a difference. I'd be curious to know how you sharpen the carving bits having run a few experiments. Perhaps we could compare notes on what works for you and what doesn't. we'll await the grand seating when it's all finished.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Wow! What an undertaking. Looks Great!
    Sometimes I'm just totally underwhelmed!
    Series "A" Craftsman with Carvetight.

Default Done !!

Merry Xmas everyone. The dinning table and chairs project is finally done. The twelve chairs (yes that's twelve) are constructed from parawood unfinished chair frames with carved top, back arms and arm supports of 7/4 poplar added. The chair tops are CW carved with modified patterns from the original table edge detail. The backs are CW carved with acorn, oak leaf, pine cone and moose decoration along with year and name then dished out on the front side with a router mounted in a custom jig. The arm supports are carved with acorn and oak leaf decoration. All are sanded then stained and finished with "early American" stain as on the table and layers of sprayed and brushed satin polyurethane. For those who are considering taking on a project like this beware...the rebuilt, extended and modified table took approximately 250 man hours (me only of course) in a six week time period. The chairs took approximately 340 man hours (also me only) over four months time. The CW machine has 184 hours on the cut motor and 17 scan probe hours all for this project. So now planning the next project...smaller of course...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chairs A.pdf   Chairs B.pdf   Dinning Table A.pdf   Dinning Table B.pdf  

Dinning Table C.pdf  

7. Default

Wow, what a project! This will be a family heirloom to be cherished in future generations.

You should be on the cover of CW magazine! Amazing.

Outstanding project and craftsmanship!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Congratulations, Ron, for a job VERY well done!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast