Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dinning Table Project Progress

Fantastic! A job beautifully and lovingly done. You will be remembered for generations in your family for such a work of art.
    George

Awesome build and finish !!! Old world craftsmanship !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ronboley View Post
    OK so I haven't made any progress on the chairs except to have the dozen unfinished chairs shipped to me and I obtained some nice poplar for the chair carving pieces. I've been busy with (don't cringe) metal working projects. The fabrication and installation of the rolling gate with operator, keypads, intercom and cameras took 6 weeks. The ATV loader took 3 days. Now on to the chairs....
    Just wanted to say there isn't anything wrong with metal work I've done it 32 years and made a pretty good living at it... Very good on your project you are going to make a very good woodworker ...(cringe)....lol

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    You should be on the cover of CW magazine! Amazing.
    CW magazine? I thought Miss Carvewright would be there!!

What a testament to your family, your perseverance and craftsmanship. Truly impressive and we really appreciate seeing it through each stage. Thanks for walking us along for the journey and my congratulations all around.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Default Patterns IF You Please

These are the patterns I scanned from the original 1890's table and used in my project. They are of course hand carved objects with 100 years of wear. For my purposes they were fine as I was matching the original table. But if anyone wants to carve an "antique" feel free to go for it!

Cheers!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Patterns Two

Rest of the patterns.
    Attached Files Attached Files

8. Default

Great scans, did you have to spend a lot of time in pattern editor on these? I have the probe but have yet to use it. A shame, I know. Just have not had the time or need.

It didn't take a lot of time with the pattern editor to clean up the scans...BUT it does depend on how well you set up your scan...and not get a lot of extra area or stuff you don't want...you edit out the background area and blemishes....I found the blending tool useful to clean up the small blemishes and smooth over rough areas.

I did spend a lot of time on one scan trying to make it perfect...only to become aware that a perfectly smooth carve wasn't what I was trying to achieve on the antique table. Try the probe out...it's pretty easy (I DID IT) and with some patience you can edit it to just about anything you want. I did scan in (paint brush and) paint brush bristles, edited the bristles so they actually carve to look like bristles...

Thank you for sharing your patterns and nice job on the table's .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234