Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dinning Table Project Progress

Default Dinning Table Project Progress

Since many of the forum members have been sooooo helpful in this my first real project...here's sme progress photos of the dinning table as it's coming together. The challenges were to scan the existing carvings of the table leave edge, th curved skits, the legs, feet and corbels into the software, become familliar with the pattern editor and discover how to "extend" the editable area to make the full extent of the (straight new) skirt parts and of course get the machine to work on long boards, etc....etc..etc.... So the carving is done, the parts are made and the fit up process is underway.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0482.JPG   IMG_0483.JPG   IMG_0486.JPG  

Ron,

Thank you for sharing the progress photos. Wow! What a GREAT job you are doing on the rebuild. Outstanding!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Cracked my neck looking upsidedown, but what a FANTASTIC JOB! A lot of work in this project!

Grand

looks great keep us up to date
    OLD SALT

Member CarveWright Start U team

Very nicely done. I do have to ask, how did you carve the radiused outside carves on the legs?

Default Table DONE !

The table project is done. Set it up in our dinning room this morning ! I'm not sure what the question was about carving the "radius" but I assume the carving on the foot is what is being referred to (?) the feet facing the camera are part of the original table that were hand carved about 100 years ago. I disassembeled the parts and scanned the sides of the feet and corbels into the software. To get the full carved effect all around the 4" wide foot I would have to slice the existing foot into 3/4" thick slabs and scan each "slab" in for carving multiple parts and then laminate them back together. Rather than slice up 100 year old carvings I scanned the sides of the feet and corbels, carved the side details and laminated them onto pieces I cut and sanded to follow the carved form. That results in a center column, feet and corbel simillar to the end originals, but not exactly the same. Now ....on to the chairs!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0492.JPG   IMG_0493.JPG  

That. Is. Awesome.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

George
    Life is short....drink the good wine first!

Really nice work, but how in the hell do you get it to stick to the ceiling?

Good one Mercer! I only have one question? When can I come pick it up?! That is beautiful!
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

Could you rotate the pictures so we can truely appreciate all your great work. My desktop screen doesn't rotate.
    Thanks and when are you going to post the patterns on the forum for sale?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast