Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A first for me...

Default A first for me...

I finished an interesting project today. About a week ago I was contacted by a gentleman who had recently lost his girlfriend at a young age and neither he or her family could afford a headstone. He had built a beautiful cross to place at her gravesite but had no way to add her name or birth information. That's where I came in. He contacted me to see if I could help. It was certainly a project meant for my CW. I put a design together and instead of printing on paper, I did a test carve for him to review out of some pine I had in my shop. He really liked it so today I put the carve on the cross he built.

This has really hit me pretty hard. I have a great wife and pretty darn good life, so I have a real soft spot for this gentleman trying to do the best he can with a difficult situation. I think the bill for the carving will mysteriously disappear on the way to deliver the cross on Monday.....
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

God bless that you care.

You're doing the right thing.

That's Bigtyme of you! Would love to see the project. will you post a picture of the project?

I thought about posting a picture but out of respect for the family I decided against it. Maybe once it is in place I can get permission and take a picture and post it... Thx all for the kind words. To me the real thx should go to the boyfriend for doing all that he can.....
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

NICE ! Capt Barry

Way to go John. I'm sure it will mean alot to that gentleman. Way to step up and help out! World would be much better if more people helped each other when they could.
    Jeff

Giving freely of your talents is the way it's meant to be! Good job sharing yours.

Great job sir!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

have to say great job
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast