Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: "Everyone's a Winner" Contest

Lawrence, Sorry for your down time. Hope you got it up and running. You are such a leader and innovator that it seems so sad you had this problem right when you needed it the least. I had an idea for the contest but my Carvewright C is down in Texas for a warranty repair that I could not do myself. I feel your pain. Good luck and thanks for everything you do on the forum.

If we had "sound o'vision" (or took the time to make a video) you would hear is my Carvewright humming away in the background....

It's not much of a project for the contest and is no where near as impressive as some here, but it's way to show folks how to make very quick award plaques that can be altered/created on the spot very quickly by using appliques and pre-carved and finished pieces.

Thanks for the support and encouragement guys- I almost gave up at one point but y'alls encouragement was really motivational for me (I put on the new top bearings with the adjustable nut facing inwards rather than outwards and didn't figure it out until I was "done" and the flex shaft was crooked (DOH)... at one point I also assembled the whole z truck upside down and didn't notice until I was reassembling it...(sigh) But it's working!

Lawrence

Way to go Lawrence, we knew that you would "get ur done" . Also a very beautiful plaque Robert, well done as you always do.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rcdages View Post
    Attachment 62719 Ok all.
    Here is the carving I am going to be putting in to the contest.
    Beautiful Robert. Nicely done my friend.

I've enjoyed the varity of projects that I have seen, I'm impressed at the different projects that are going to be presented. I would like to go to the show but as always its a money issue that stops me from going.

TerryT - i was sure hoping for one of your beautiful cribbage boards. (deep sigh of disappointment inserted here)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

7. Default

Thanks for thinking of me Connie. Actually the thought never crossed my mind until an hour or so ago.

I thought I might post several pictures just incase (since it's the deadline tonight) I decided to do something. But, I'm trying to get some inventory built back up for the next craft show and I have some internet orders to get out, so I think I'll have to pass.

It would be very, very hard to compete with what I've already seen, anyway. Losts of great projects!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JoeinWestMich View Post
    Lawrence, Sorry for your down time. Hope you got it up and running. You are such a leader and innovator that it seems so sad you had this problem right when you needed it the least. I had an idea for the contest but my Carvewright C is down in Texas for a warranty repair that I could not do myself. I feel your pain. Good luck and thanks for everything you do on the forum.
    Joe, sorry to hear you are having problems with your machine. I have enjoyed seeing some of your work.

Man, you guys all did some great projects- sorry I haven't taken the time to comment (It's been a busy day!) but you guys' work is all incredible. It is great that LHR will have such great pieces to show off from
    booths.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

whew... submission sent... (with 25 minutes to spare!)

Here's what I came up with... it's not anything revolutionary but the eagle is a pretty sweet pattern and it does show off the CW's capabilities to carve detail and shows how you can prep appliques in advance
    and carve a plaque on the spot in about 30 minutes. This technique is great for fairs/short turn around situations. I should have called this carve "two times" because I had to carve both the eagle (I screwed up the finish on the first one) and the plaque (Y-axis error halfway through first carve... caused 6+ hour maintenance down time and was due to my not keeping on top of the maintenance) twice

I will be making 10 of these for an organization and this was the proof of concept carve.

The small square is for a 1x4 brass plate that will be added each year for the folks that receive the award.

Thanks for looking, and thanks again for all of the support,

Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by JoeinWestMich View Post
    sorry for yours too man- I do appreciate the kind words and wish your machine was up and running.

Lawrence

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast