Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: "Everyone's a Winner" Contest

The box is one project that I made with no help from my Carvewright. Although I use my Carvewright a lot, I do other woodworking as well. I will probably make a few tweaks to the design of this clock to make it a bit easier to build, but I hope to get it into the Pattern Depot as a project at some point. So that means I will need to build another one. I also have an idea for a variant that I hope to develop sometime.

Nice one dickB its tempting me to buy it but carvewright doesn't do Pay Pal
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Default Entry delayed by cut motor nor running!! Argh!!!

Agony!My cut motor ceased during the carving of my entry! I'm going to follow the trouble shooting guide this afternoon and perhaps I can get it back running. I know the sensor is working, but it looks like no power to the motor. I have attached a shot of the first piece of the carving I completed. I was doing a trial run with a pine plank and some of the detail chipped off. I was redoing the design and cutting out the second piece when the motor stopped. I'll post more when I've completed the troubleshooting and explain what I may or may not be entering.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0437.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	62660

Quote Originally Posted by robboz4 View Post
    Agony!My cut motor ceased during the carving of my entry! I'm going to follow the trouble shooting guide this afternoon and perhaps I can get it back running. I know the sensor is working, but it looks like no power to the motor. I have attached a shot of the first piece of the carving I completed. I was doing a trial run with a pine plank and some of the detail chipped off. I was redoing the design and cutting out the second piece when the motor stopped. I'll post more when I've completed the troubleshooting and explain what I may or may not be entering.

No joy I'm afraid. I got to the end of the trouble shooting where it says contact support. The image below is what I was trying to carve on the machine. I'll post images once it's finished, but i think It will miss the show.

Name:	IMG_1004.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	754.2 KB 
ID:	62661

Looks interesting! If I can be of help and carve a peice or two for you, let me know. There is still time for you to finish your project.

Quote Originally Posted by robboz4 View Post

Oh no! I hate that for you. And it looks so cool. please do post when you get it done.

Thank you for the offer, but I know you have your hands full with the clock entry. And would it be too tight to enter now. Good Luck with your entry!

Name:	009.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	269.7 KB 
ID:	62674Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	360.2 KB 
ID:	62675OK, like I said earlier in the posting, I am participating not competing. Here is my slab, it is Butternut, used the designer software, the duck patterns are from Norbert @ Vector Clip 3D, the CW machine was a shared file on the forum, and Centerline text was used. The slab had to be carved using a sled. I use General Finishes products exclusively. By the way, my buddy holding the slab, guards our door and he does not call 911 in an emergency. Oh yea, I forgot, I used best quality setting and carving time was 2 hr 48 min.
    Last edited by tierman; 06-03-2013 at 06:53 PM.

My entry (book stand) should arrive at LHR tomorrow -USPS. The shipping ate up most of the $10 prize I am shooting for.
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast