Quote Originally Posted by lawrence View Post
Man, you guys all did some great projects- sorry I haven't taken the time to comment (It's been a busy day!) but you guys' work is all incredible. It is great that LHR will have such great pieces to show off from
booths.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

whew... submission sent... (with 25 minutes to spare!)

Here's what I came up with... it's not anything revolutionary but the eagle is a pretty sweet pattern and it does show off the CW's capabilities to carve detail and shows how you can prep appliques in advance
and carve a plaque on the spot in about 30 minutes. This technique is great for fairs/short turn around situations. I should have called this carve "two times" because I had to carve both the eagle (I screwed up the finish on the first one) and the plaque (Y-axis error halfway through first carve... caused 6+ hour maintenance down time and was due to my not keeping on top of the maintenance) twice

I will be making 10 of these for an organization and this was the proof of concept carve.

The small square is for a 1x4 brass plate that will be added each year for the folks that receive the award.

Thanks for looking, and thanks again for all of the support,

Lawrence
And video to boot. Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk