Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: "Everyone's a Winner" Contest

I'm not worried about it one way or the other really- it didn't make the deadline and I just want to make sure that LHR gets the best possible promotional tools they can and that my project helps (even in a very small way) keep the Carvewright successful. Because I missed the deadline it may even be unfair by some if the video is considered (though I seriously doubt that it would make a difference in the final judging)

My only real regret is that I won't be at the conference to see all the other great projects. Mine is pretty simple, but hopefully it can show folks how you can get a quality carve with a fairly minimal machining time and can make an easily changable product that can sell well with very little material investment.

I've tweaked the eagle layout and feathering a bit and am currently carving them in batches of 3, nested with the grain running parallel to the Y-axis. This (IMHO) creates a higher-quality carve in less time. (I'm working on a 10-plaque order)

The carve time for the eagle is now down to under an hour each and batching them makes for less setup time (and less waste)

Lawrence
    Last edited by lawrence; 06-08-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Looks great, Lawrence! The video is a plus...we all enjoy seeing videos, of course! Sorry I won't get to see you at this year's conference. Hopefully you will be able to attend next year.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213