Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My probe says its open.

Default My probe says its open.

I have cleaned and made sure it is pluged in good, but still get message, check connection, probe open. anyone??
    Thanks,, Jack
    Jack of all trades ,master of none, but if you got a job, I'll git-er-done.

http://theswamper.tripod.com/

Not sure if this is the first time???? Or a new problem with a working probe....?

The First Probe Jacks were on the side of the Z Truck. Once you installed the A907 Z Bundle Upgrade, it replaces the old 18 pin FSC Cable and 2 circuit boards. The New 14 pin FSC Cable and 2 Circuit Boards, then lets you use the jack on the Inside of the cover on the Keypad Side. You need an adapter.

Just the Basics... But the Wires could be broken inside the probe too if you are plugging it in the correct area.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06680_WEB.jpg   DSC06806_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Not sure if this is the first time???? Or a new problem with a working probe....?

The First Probe Jacks were on the side of the Z Truck. Once you installed the A907 Z Bundle Upgrade, it replaces the old 18 pin FSC Cable and 2 circuit boards. The New 14 pin FSC Cable and 2 Circuit Boards, then lets you use the jack on the Inside of the cover on the Keypad Side. You need an adapter.

Just the Basics... But the Wires could be broken inside the probe too if you are plugging it in the correct area.

AL
    Thanks Al, I am using the probe on new carver, 1st. time on this. Was working on my old carver.
    Going to get other carver fix later. But needed to probe things,,

Have you wiggled the probe around while the open message is on the display? Center position is closed and deflected is open.

Check your probe with an ohm meter. Mine registers under 20 ohms when untouched and infinite when I move the probe tip. This will isolate if it is the probe or machine wiring.

You may need to change the scanning probe settings on the LCD panel from "Cover" to "Z-Truck" or from "Z-Truck" to "Cover" depending on which machine you have. Here is a link to the documentation. See the page labeled page 6 (it's actually page 9 in the navigation index).

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/se...obe_manual.pdf
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 04-25-2013 at 05:09 PM.
    Steve

Thanks all, I'll try all and see what works,,
    Jack

To answer this we must know what version of FSC Cable you have on each machine. On the 1st machine where did you plug in the probe? On the 2nd machine where are you plugging in the probe?

It is possible that the 2nd machine has the old 18 pin FSC Cable and the wires for the probe are open.... OR the flat thin cable inside the Z Truck is broken or missing...

I am just guessing here... Since after you install the 14 pin FSC Cable the machine will say SCAN AREA until you change the selection from Truck to Cover. But it could say cover and you have the old 18 pin and are plugging it into the truck.

Lots of guessing here...

In the picture you can see the EARLY Z Truck that has a Circuit Board and a small flex cable. This board contained 1. Probe Data, 2. A Homing Sensor and 3. A Speed Sensor like the one on the Cut Motor. This was for the old 18 pin FSC Cable.

The 14 Pin A907 Upgrade removed the use of the Circuit Board.... The Speed Sensor and Homing Sensor were not used for many months... Just the Probe Data in the end. But with the 14 pin, the Probe was moved to the cover jack...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06291_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 04-26-2013 at 12:24 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I believe he has a b model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I do not believe there is a cover - truck choice with the B model any more. At least when I checked mine, I there was no longer any choice. It said (cover) and it could not be changed. I assume that the newer firmware knows it is not an A and sets it to cover.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast