Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: purchasing bits though Lowe's

Quote Originally Posted by diverdill View Post
    Center line is the program I need to do this right? I will order it and oil. Iam going to try that bass fish, i will put in the 1/16 bit.remember A machine. Centerline will work with what I have?
    Yes, centerline will work with your machine. I just want to be perfectly clear.. you can still carve text with out adding anything. Centerline is probably the first option most people get, but it isnt absolutely required for carving text.
    Doug Fletcher

yes, i understand. I appreciate that. I will wait and first try a carve. Iam going to put bit in. We are trying now, cant get it in. Will try to find video.

alright, after much discussion and wd40 we have learned how to place the bit in. Just to be sure it wasn't a fluke we practiced. lol now iam going to load pattern and try it out. fingers crossed.

alright, after much discussion and wd40 we have learned how to place the bit in. Just to be sure it wasn't a fluke we practiced. lol now iam going to load pattern and try it out. fingers crossed.
    Please post a picture of your carving when finished. It will tell us a lot about the health of your machine.
    Doug Fletcher

It is carving, says 2 hour to do job. So 1/16 in and changed to mermaid from pattern site. Hope this works, will post picture and keeping eye on flex shaft temp. Thanks

the flex shaft is pretty hot to touch. Should i pause and let cool off?

yes! is the head hot too?

Have you done anything to lubricate the flex yet? The recommended lube is very specific. Using something else will almost always cause the flex to get very warm.
    Doug Fletcher

the head is warm, the flex is hot enough i cant keep hand on it. I hit the stop button.The machine only has 30 hr. I was waiting to order oil from LHR. Could not find it on site today. I touch motor and head, nothing but flex appears hot.
    Last edited by diverdill; 07-19-2013 at 08:39 PM.

the head is warm, the flex is hot enough i cant keep hand on it. I hit the stop button.
    We really need to sort out why your flex is getting so hot then. It really shouldnt ever get above "warm to the touch"... i dont think mine ever get more than 10-15 degrees above ambient temp.
    Doug Fletcher

You could fry egg on it. So I guess I need that oil. I will call in a.m. and see if they will ship me some.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast