Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: purchasing bits though Lowe's

What you are showing is the 90º v-bit, broken 1/8" cutting bit & 1/16" carving bit. All with the QC (Quick Change) adapters.

Make sure if you order from LHR, you make the correct adapter selection. Click on the image or product name to see the details & option to select adapter.

I think, Lowes / Home Depot only sell the CarveTight adapters online, but you may be able to get them to specify which adapter type you need on the order. Also, when Mary gets bit orders from distributors, she usually tries to verify the adapter type either by looking to see if you have a C version machine registered or calling the customers. The designer bits (like the 90º v-bit and 3/8" staight bit) are only available as the Full Bit set through distributors.

Look on our product store to see images of the bits. Once you change the adapter type, the image should also change.

I don't see any "bb" marks on your adapters, but they do look rusty. Make sure you put the bits in properly each time and the QC may last you awhile.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

ok i thought they were all carving bits. I did a sign with the one in machine that i believe is 3/8. It cut a lot faster than what the stated time from the software program. Can u slow it down? Also it was pretty rough, needed alot of sanding. I have a foredom so I sanded away but ugh.....I used a piece of maple. I need to carve a sign out of teak. So any direction of bit to use and how to slow this sucker down would be great. I was trying to order oil for flex shaft on site and I can't find the stuff. the staff is out to lunch so i am sitting here waiting. Anybody want to tell me what to have on hand for maintenance would be great help. I hate to wait for days for something i should of had on shelf. Also any thoughts on new design ware they are selling? I mostly want to carve display boxes for artifacts. I want to carve arrowheads, arrows, etc. around trim and in background larger pictures. If somebody writes programs give me a shout. I had a hard time navigating the free pattern site on here. 3,000 patterns but finding what u want was hard. I know i talk to much but I keep thinking of what I need to ask. lol A dictionary worth. I am so excited. I want to get started!!!!

In general, for carving you will ONLY want to use the 1/16 carving bit (right most one in your picture). v-bits are commonly used for centerline text carving or vector carving. I would remove whatever bit is in your machine currently and take a pic to upload so we can help you identify it.
    Doug Fletcher

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7190004.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	2.72 MB 
ID:	63644Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7190005.JPG 
Views:	38 
ID:	63645Manuel does not tell how to shaft to middle for easy removal.

Quote Originally Posted by diverdill View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7190004.JPG 
Views:	41 
ID:	63644Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7190005.JPG 
Views:	38 
ID:	63645Manuel does not tell how to shaft to middle for easy removal.
    That is the 60º v-bit and if you are using it to carve, I'm sure you are having poor results.

Not sure what "how to shaft to middle" means.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    That is the 60º v-bit and if you are using it to carve, I'm sure you are having poor results.

Not sure what "how to shaft to middle" means.
    Im sure that also would put a ton more stress on the machine especially if the carve you did had much depth at all to it.

I assume she meant she didnt know how to get the machine to center the head left to right to make bit removal easier. (if the power is off, you can just slide the head by hand to the middle.)
    Doug Fletcher

I can't believe this. My husband swore it would not move. I just moved it with no problem!!!! lol Well now i know. Yes I did a practice run on the old english font. Thats when the flex shaft got hot. So I should have used the carving bit? I thought the v-bit was for letters?

I can't believe this. My husband swore it would not move. I just moved it with no problem!!!! lol Well now i know. Yes I did a practice run on the old english font. Thats when the flex shaft got hot. So I should have used the carving bit? I thought the v-bit was for letters?

Centerline uses 90º by default and you can change it to 60º. You can also assign these to vector paths like square, rectangle, circle, oval drawing tools using Select Bit.

That flexshaft may need to be lubricated if this machine is used.

v-bit are used for letters IF you are selecting centerline. My guess is that you have not purchased centerline yet, so your practice run was doing lettering with a raster carve... and yes, you would need to use the 1/16 carving bit for that.
    Doug Fletcher

Center line is the program I need to do this right? I will order it and oil. Iam going to try that bass fish, i will put in the 1/16 bit.remember A machine. Centerline will work with what I have?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast