Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: purchasing bits though Lowe's

Default purchasing bits though Lowe's

I ordered 4 bits from Lowe's 2 carving and 2 cutting bits saved $10.00 on each bit and $12.00 on shipping so I saved $52.00 and ordered them on April 7th they said It would be delivered by the 23rd of this month I recieved the carving bits on the 16th and I'm still waiting on the cutting bits and it's the 25th it seems the savings on the bits don't out weigh the wait not when you think about it and can't do any carving without bits.....grrrr

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I ordered 4 bits from Lowe's 2 carving and 2 cutting bits saved $10.00 on each bit and $12.00 on shipping so I saved $52.00 and ordered them on April 7th they said It would be delivered by the 23rd of this month I recieved the carving bits on the 16th and I'm still waiting on the cutting bits and it's the 25th it seems the savings on the bits don't out weigh the wait not when you think about it and can't do any carving without bits.....grrrr
    I ordered bits thru lowes and they came within a week.

That just doesn't sound right. I'll check on it for you. Not out of bits and adapters would not be in question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Aok:

Your order from Lowes on April 4th was ONLY for two carving bits. You might check with Lowes.

Connie
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

thanks lynnfrwd, I'm calling Lowe's at 12:30 today to find out whats going on with the bits, this isn't the first time I've had problems with Lowe's.

I'm so done with Lowe's it might cost more going through LHR but I get them in a timely manor instead of a month and half.
    i

New here. I have a few questions about these bits. I have the old A machine. I went to local sears, they had never heard of carvewright. So no help there. I know nothing!!! So keep in mind when talking with me. Worse Iam female so don't go all techy. Yes I've been reading. What is obvious to you is greek to me. The bits I have are quickchange. I was going to up grade to the spindle. I understand that I need A907 change to do that but you are buying bits at Lowes? Does that mean I can use bits from sears? Will the adapters I see they sell work on any bit?(LHR) I thought you could only use their bits (LHR) I dont have a warranty so I don't care about that. Should I bother with carve tight change? I was all ready to order but then the bits are no good and I have to buy more from LHR> Somebody help!!!P.S. yes i tried start u nobody in my area.

Lets get some simple questions out of the way first..

Do you currently have bits.. or at least the 1/16 carving bit and the 1/8 straight bit with QC adapters one them?
    If yes to above, can you take pictures of the QC adapters and post them here? We would want to see if there are BB dents in the QC adapters... if they are fine and you are not having trouble with the QC, you dont need to upgrade right away.

If you dont have any bits, or the QC's are damaged, then it might make more sense to do the upgrade to the carvetight or a rock chuck now.

The most important this is you dont rush thru things seeing you are new and you have an older machine. Everyone here will be with you every step of the way and will try very hard to make sure you are successful with this machine. It can be incredible frustrating at times, but as you start to understand how everything fits together, you'll be amazed at the things you are able to accomplish. It also seems that many (most?) of the A machines tend to have very distinct "personalities". As you get to know your machine better and learn and understand its own little idiosyncrasies, you'll develop little tricks to dealing with them and it will quickly become second nature.
    Doug Fletcher

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7190001.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	2.81 MB 
ID:	63639Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7190003.JPG 
Size:	2.96 MB 
ID:	63640ok there is one in machine that is 3/8 i believe. The middle one is broken. I don't know how u tell size. There is nothing on them that says. anyhow this is what i have to work with. They do feel sharp. The machine has 30 hours on it.

Quote Originally Posted by diverdill View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7190001.JPG 
Size:	2.81 MB 
ID:	63639Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7190003.JPG 
Size:	2.96 MB 
ID:	63640ok there is one in machine that is 3/8 i believe. The middle one is broken. I don't know how u tell size. There is nothing on them that says. anyhow this is what i have to work with. They do feel sharp. The machine has 30 hours on it.

The one on the left is a 90 degree v-bit, the middle one looks like it was the 1/8 straight bit, and the far right is the 1/16 carving bit. The QC's look ok to me, so I dont think you need to immediately replace your qc to the carvetight or rock chuck. Since everything is so new to you, I cant see a compelling argument for upgrading right now. I'd play around with what you have so you can start learning the machine. I'll check when I get home, but I'm pretty sure I bought several 1/8 cutting bits from Lawrence when he pretty much bought Sears whole supply when they where discontinuing the items. If i do, I'll be happy to send you one so you at least would have all the bit that come stock with the machine. Lets wait for a few more members to chime in on the condition of your QC adapters.
    Doug Fletcher

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast