Thread: Its been a loooong time - Need help getting started again.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Its been a loooong time - Need help getting started again.

Hoping some of the forum members remember me. To tell the truth I am not even sure when I bought my machine, but I have not used it for almost three years now. The past few years have been rather hard around here but I got thru it and want to drag my machine back out and get her up and running. I do not have the upgraded spindle on it at the present. I do have several questions to help get me going.

Where do I look to find out exactly what version of software I was using three years ago?
    What do I need to do to get a second computer registered for the software? I have a laptop now and think I will need to get everything transfered to it...my desktop has XP and I hardly use it anymore.

Will the newest version of Designer run with my older machine ok or will I have issues in the upgrade? I will probably use the older version with the first couple carves till I get use to what I'm doing again.

Besides lubing the flex shaft is there any other maintenance I should do to the machine before I carve with it again?

I have a couple carvings that I need to get done then I want to send my machine in for the upgrade.....when the time comes exactly how do I do that and what its the cost involved?

I think thats enough questions for one day.....lol I am going to start up my dessktop and see if I can get myself back into making a pattern in designer today. I will check in later...happy to be back in the Carvewright family.

Lin
    Last edited by Lin; 04-24-2013 at 09:15 AM.