Thread: Found my Z axis problem!

Default Found my Z axis problem!

Hey guys, after speaking with tech support, I beleive I have isolated the z axis error problem, and I wanted to share it. I will find out monday, but I think LHR is going to replace the motor for me. I am a CW fan again!

This is a shot of the back of the Z motor with the plastic cover removed. You can see the encoder disc has seperated from the black plastic ring, which I assume conntects the disc to the pin. Moving the cutting head up and down, the pin in the center spins, but the encoder disc doesnt.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	61741

Here is a closer shot.

Name:	photo 2.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	112.2 KB 
ID:	61742

Name:	photo 3.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	61743

From the top you can see that the encoder disc is no longer floating between the two connectors, but actually sitting on one of them!

Name:	photo 4.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	61744

Name:	photo 5.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	61745

I hope this helps someone in the future! If anyone knows what would have caused this, please let me know. I have 180 carving hours on my machine, and almost all of it has been pine.

Kevin

This was a problem a few years ago but we have not seen it in a while... The Fix back then was a drop of super glue.

Good Job finding it....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com