Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zaxis Stall

Default Zaxis Stall

This only happened because I told a guy last night that I would have a sign carved for him for a party on Saturday morning!

I am getting a z axis stall message, no matter what I try to do. Board in/board out, bit in/bit out z axis just wont work! I ran the x axis test, it went perfect, the y axis test went perfect, the z axis test didnt go so well. Anytime the z axis tries to do anything, it does a quick "bounce" and then stalls. When the machine is off, everything moves very smoothly and easily, thanks to all the cleaning i have done today trying to fix this. I tried flashing the card, didnt fix the problem. Cleaned out all the dust i could find, still nothing.

I am stuck. I scoured the forum trying every solution I could find.

I need help!

Check the FSC cable for being loose in the connector on back of the Z truck and also look for any nicks, cracks in the cable itself. Most often they are at the support bracket in the back of the machine.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Thanks for the help! Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it) the cable appears to be in good condition and is secured in the connector.

Format the card and reload the project and board.
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

Badbert, flashing the card fixes most of my problems, but hasn't fixed this one

Any other ideas? I love this machine but I'm on the verge of selling it!

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyCarp View Post
    This only happened because I told a guy last night that I would have a sign carved for him for a party on Saturday morning!

I am getting a z axis stall message, no matter what I try to do. Board in/board out, bit in/bit out z axis just wont work! I ran the x axis test, it went perfect, the y axis test went perfect, the z axis test didnt go so well. Anytime the z axis tries to do anything, it does a quick "bounce" and then stalls. When the machine is off, everything moves very smoothly and easily, thanks to all the cleaning i have done today trying to fix this. I tried flashing the card, didnt fix the problem. Cleaned out all the dust i could find, still nothing.

I am stuck. I scoured the forum trying every solution I could find.

I need help!
    You are under warranty. Have you called us to speak to a Hardware Tech?
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyCarp View Post
    Any other ideas? I love this machine but I'm on the verge of selling it!
    Could be a possible power supply issue - But as Connie suggest, give the LHR techs a call. They will run you through the troubleshooting procedures to find the problem

+1 on calling the LHR Tech Support team. I'm sure either Joseph or Israel will be glad to help. I know because I have spent a lot of time on the phone with both. I am having Z Axis stall problems also. I just shipped the Y & Z motors, FFC cable, power supply and flash card plug-in circuitry back for testing. As a matter of fact they should get there today. My machine has been down for almost a week now and I am already having withdrawal pains.
    George

I wi hopefully be able to call them today. Thanks guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast