Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Random Y and Z axis stalls

I am thinking Power Supply too....

Boat Anchor... no....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

How does FFC (flat fexable cable) comeing from the z truck look? It can throw some odd ones...
    thanks so much!
    karl

George,

My guess is power supply. I had same issues with mine took power supply to TV repair man to have the cold and loose solder joints fixed. No issues after that. Better than getting a new one with the same issues. Al Who has some detailed pics posted here many times just search power supply.

Jeff

Thanks for the educated guesses, Guys. Talked to tech again today and I just mailed the power supply, Y and Z motor with Z ribbon cable and card reader for testing. I did see a crimped spot on the ribbon that looked a little suspicious. It look as if something sharp and heavy was dropped on it. It wasn't cut but a delicate wire could easily have broken. The package will get there Fri. so hopefully I will know something within a week.
    George

Boy! Do I need to pull my head out of my "Axis". I left the Z motor ribbon cable out of the first box I mailed and I suspect that the crimped cable is the actual culprit in my problems. I barely made it to the post office just at closing time. (next to last customer)Had to ship it special D so as to get there by Friday with the other box. Oh well. It only cost me an extra six bucks. WHAT A DUMMY!!!
    George

If you can make the machine pay for itself.... Having a few spare parts on hand is always good.....

FSC Cable.... A few of them.... I consider them consumable... As they can flex only SO many times... Especially if a tight bend..... Will snap at the bend....

Board Sensor... At least one... and order the cable too... a 4 wire.. It can aid in testing the new one... Since the Board Sensor Signal goes through the FSC Cable....

X Gears and if you still use them.... Sand Paper Belts...

The trick in my opinion... Make the machine pay for the spare parts... Make Signs... and Clocks at a minimum...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Al, once I get this puppy up and running to be able to make something to sell I plan on stocking up on some spare parts and bits. Thanks for the suggestions as to what to stock up on. As it stands now it seems all my spare cash is going into shipping parts back for testing. One good thing came from having the machine open and the Z motor out of the way. I was able to fix a slight tick (catch?) on the Y Axis I mentioned in an earlier post. While moving the Y truck from the keypad side to the right about half way across there was a catch that occurred at exactly the same spot. I couldn't find anything visually that would cause it so I figured it was probably a bearing. I turned the eccentric nut on the upper right Y truck bearing just a tweak counter clock-wise and, low and behold, the truck now slides free as a breeze. Call it beginners luck but it worked. I hope that's all it was.
    I shudder to think that it will probably be over a week before I can get the machine back together and, hopefully, working. I'm not very good at waiting.
    George

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12