Thread: Pattern tool depth.

Default Pattern tool depth.

I apologize if this is explained somewhere else, but I don't really have time to go digging through all the tutorials. I have the stl importer and slice my own patterns. Then when I place them on the board they default to the back of the board. For example: if the object is .5" tall and the board is 2" it will place the object 1.5" down. How do i get it to do the opposite?

Also, is there a way to make slices greater than .75"?

In the STL importer, there is a button to press right before you save the patterns which controls whether they are saved at full depth.

As for the thicker than 0.75, I shrink the object by 0.75/0.8 slice and then scale back by 0.8/0.75. If I remember, this requires tweaking the height to 107.

I have had my machine for 3 weeks and already have almost 200 hours on it. I only used the cut pattern 1 time. I have a table saw and a good cut off saw which does a much better job and saves a lot of wear and tear on my machine. When I do need a pattern (oval etc.) I set the max. cut depth per pass to .25 and abort the carve when it gets around thefirst time. In other words I only use the pattern cut feature to mark it.

4. Default

I have always done someting similar. I don't use the cutting bit, however. I just change the cut path to a line and use a vee bit to mark the line at about 0.032 depth and cut with the bandsaw or other appropriate tool. It works best for me that way.