Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: canadian goose

Here is a first attempt at wings. I inverted the front to make the backs and it does not work very well. I do think this is a neat CW project idea and is deserving of more work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Might also try resizing this propeller file from Kenm810 for wings see thread below.
    http://forum.carvewright.com/showthr...6756#post66756

bergerud i see u are from Canada so is it true the Canadians do not pay taxes on lottery wins? and your interest in the Canadian goose is understandable thank you for making this pattern it is exactly what i want. the problem i have is i dont have a license to use the tilt feature so would it be possible to some how to use your wing pattern and maybe paste it onto Keims propeller as seen on a post above
    thanks
    denny
    p.s. this project all started with my sister inlay wanting me to fix her Canadian goose that she bought in Canada with her husband when they were dating 25 yrs ago .he is from Birkfalls Canada now in U.S.
    Last edited by dcalvin4; 04-11-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Not trying to bust any bubbles but you do know this is not a goose??
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

My project is a new breed called a " NECK CHALLENGED GOOSE " the next project will be called a "LONG NECKED DUCK" maybe Ill actually sell these new breed birds if nothing else but a conversation piece. I will have to sell in pairs and properly marked THIS MEANS TWICE THE PRICE fwharris thank you for pointing this out [ meant in a kind way ]
    are we have fun yet I sure am
    denny
    Last edited by dcalvin4; 04-11-2013 at 08:20 PM.

I got a little chuckle out of this game of duck duck goose......lol

Justin Pierce, aka spalted
    *Pattern Editor (Probe) * Centerline * Dxf Import * STL Importer * Version 3 Standalone * Advanced 3D * Advanced 2D * Conforming Vectors * Rotary *C Machine *Rock Chuck

I did not realize it was supposed to be a goose until after I got it made. The original was a duck and I just looked at the picture. The wings are goose! I used tilt to make the wings but then I made patterns, and so, you should not need tilt to use the mpc.

(As far as lotteries go, you will not have to pay taxes no matter where you live. You would have to win first!! )

Opps, I just found the tilt. I must have tried to tilt the wing pattern and did not realize it. Here it is again without the tilt. I hope to do a better job on this and maybe I will do a goose!

9. Default

Don't know why but when you try to use pattern with out tilt I could not get tilt warning to go away. Here is the two types of wing/propeller combined. May not be sized for complete project.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wings.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	61513

Bergerund: I was typing this post when you were uploading the revised with out the tilt. thanks.
    Last edited by gregsolano; 04-11-2013 at 08:53 PM. Reason: add note

10. Default

Most whirlygigs have much more pronounced angles on the propeller or wings so I wonder if these will not have enough angle to catch the wind. If anyone carves these let us know and post pics!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast