Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An update

Hello Ike,

I like Terry for what ever the reason thinking about you and your family.

Hope all gets better for you and your wife very very soon.

I know that all of us miss your input on the forum.

Stay in touch.
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

CarveWright START U Team Member.

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

Ike,

Just wanted to say Hi as well. Im not really an active member here anymore, but I do try to stay up to date on whatever one else is doing. It is great to hear from you.
    Doug Fletcher

nice to see you back Ike all the best to you and good luck
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Wow it great to have forums friends like I do in here! Thank you, Lawrence, Capt. Bruce, Connie, Floyd, spalted (of course I remember, anytime I can help just ask!) Big Al, Terry and Gary, Robert, Doug and Henry! You guys are great and I feel so welcomed! We are hoping to hear good news tomorrow about a house and if so we move again! All our stuff in a 10' by 25' storage unit and a 7' by 16' cargo trailer with my shop in a little smaller house well 300 square foot less! But we have room for my late 1800 early 1900 cherry pool table!

If not this house we will find one we have an offer on another home and every offer there is room for the pool table! Can't wait to have a garden again that the deer don't eat all the veggies! Plus I get to see my 3 sons and their wives and youngest girlfriend. My 2 grand daughters from my oldest son, my grandson from my middle I get to several times a week! My youngest is 20 so no kids! Not to mention I see my folks daily since they are letting us live with them! But the best is being back with my wife since we have been apart for almost a year and a half! With the house being on the market and the wife working in Sacramento. It was tough seeing her once or twice a month, but it is our 29th year anniversary this Oct. and almost 33 years together!

Thanks again all!!!

Ike

5. Default

Ike, it's time you got a break. I'm gonna use my considerable influence with the cosmos and see to it that you and the family have nuthin but good stuff for a while. Enjoy being with the family my friend.

Ike,

Here is hoping for one of the houses to come to you.

Stay in touch and keep us posted.

The very best to you and your family.
    Happy Carving

Robert D.
    rcdages

The mightiest oak in the forest is just a little nut
    that held it's ground.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    Ike, it's time you got a break. I'm gonna use my considerable influence with the cosmos and see to it that you and the family have nuthin but good stuff for a while. Enjoy being with the family my friend.
    Lol thanks Terry and you too Robert! We were told about a house by a co worker of my wife and we saw it at an open house. Talked to the owner who is somebody I worked with years ago. Talked to her for over 20 minutes. She had to sell her house as a short sell and yesterday reviewed all the offers. Sounds great huh? Someone we know a good friend of her works with my wife and a short sell that she is losing money. The house appraised for around $175,000 and they were asking $180,000, So we offered $185,000 feeling pretty good it would appraise for the $185,000. The owners realtor even said when he put it on the market it was below $180,000. Well we came in second they went with an offer of $195,000 knowing our offer would most likely appraise for the $185,000. They are hoping it might appraise for $15,000 more! If not they will go with us!

This is a short sell that takes a longer escrow and hoping a house worth $175,000 today will appraise for $20,000 over. Plus our offer will probably appraise because of the time in escrow they go for the unsure bid! This is a 1258 sq foot house and is move in ready and all original cabinets, carpet etc. All in great shape!

So Terry work your magic!!!

Ike

We will keep our fingers crossed things go your way on this house. It's about time your number came up.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonB View Post
    We will keep our fingers crossed things go your way on this house. It's about time your number came up.
    So true Sharon so true!!! Well we made 2 more offers today on a couple homes. Both remodeled, one about 1250 sq ft and nice front and back yard. The other almost 1500 sq ft and a small front and back yard that needs lots of work, but has room for our pool table and a living room and a formal dining room. Both homes have larger 2 car garages. The smaller one is listed for $190,500 and comps for only around $140,000 or a bit more. It was bought by a company for $93,000 and they did a great remodel job, but not almost 100 grand worth! We offered $160,000 and that may be still too high? Then the larger home is listed for $160,000 and we offered $180,000 which we are comfortable it appraise for what we offered. The funny thing the 2 houses are only a mile or so away from each other. Yet the size and what has sold in the areas each house sits makes the difference of cost!

So please pray for us and Terry do your magic!

Ike

We're all pulling for you Ike!
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12