Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An update

Default An update

Lol not that I was missed, but thought I would let everybody know what's going on with ol' Ike! Well the end of last month the wife and I ended escrow on our house after a year being on the market. We almost gave it away, but made a little money! Moved to the Sacramento area Rescue to exact at my parent's house. My wife has been living with them almost a year and we were apart for 15 months. All our stuff is in storage and my shop in my dad's trailer.

Coming from a buyer's market to a seller's market threw us off guard! We have made at 20 offers and looked at close to 75 houses. The asking price for a house $190,000 and sells for $215,000! Every house the same one worth $175,000 sells for $200,000 to investors with the extra cash! My realtor is an old friend I have known since we were 12! I fired one realtor my wife was in contact with we asked her to show us house and offered a couple hours one day and then next week another day.....GONE! If she was that busy she was too busy for us!

So I am shop less, homeless and living with my folks! We do have 2 offers we are waiting to see what happens! Well miss you guys take care

Ike

You've definitely been missed around here Ike! Thanks for the update and please know that you've got a home here... shop or no shop

Lawrence

Good to hear from you Ike even if you're dealing with that sellers' market and deprived of your shop to work off the frustration. We wish you good fortune and a new home soon. Sounds like you're at least in market that will have cash for beautiful carvings.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Hi Ike!! Missed you, buddy! Glad to see you back on the forum.

Thanks for the update. We are all wishing you the best. Know you're always welcome. Carving not required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Ike,

Thanks for letting us know what has been going on. Great to hear you found a buyer for your house and now finally with the wife. Ya that housing market sure has screwed a lot of people.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Hello Ike,

I haven't been here much the last couple years, but I've been hanging around again lately.

I was watching for you here and didn't see you around.
    I don't know if you recall, but you helped me out a bunch a couple years back. Glad to hear you doing well. Moving always sucks, but you'll be settled in again soon.

Justin Pierce, aka spalted
    *Pattern Editor (Probe) * Centerline * Dxf Import * STL Importer * Version 3 Standalone * Advanced 3D * Advanced 2D * Conforming Vectors * Rotary *C Machine *Rock Chuck

Ike,

Good to hear from you !!! Heck, even I live with my Step Father.... After my Mom passed away I was asked to come home from Philly 3 hours away. Sold my house for a profit and I have been home for almost 10 years.... Don't have a Pot to Tinkle in... But that is OK... WE are both happy.... I am the Head Bottle Washer and Cook...

Good luck with your Adventure getting your place and a Shop Setup. Enjoy the time with Family... I DO...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

8. Default

As a matter of fact Ike, I was just thinking about you today!! Glad to see you stop in and thanks for the update. That had to be tough not being able to be with the wife. Hope everything is back to normal soon.

Ike,
    Sorry for your shortcomings, things will improve, they always do for people as resourceful as you and you're wife. Keep your chin up.
    Gary
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Thanks all lol I don't think I am having short comings, but for sure having frustrations making offer of $210,000 for a house the seller asks $190,000 and being out bid! For every house we bid on! Yes though I am with my wife after almost a year and a half! I really appreciate my folks letting us stay with for the last few years my kids has lived with them a couple different times with my grand kids! So looking for a 3 car garage for our Firebird and my shop. However it will be most likely a 2 car garage and back to moving a car to work in the shop!

Again I appreciate all the replies! I will try to visit more often!

Ike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast