Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flat pattern cut out

Thank you all so much for your replies to this thread. I know of no other forum where someone (Lawrence) would make a video just to show an answer to a question. You guys/gals are awesome! I will definitely post the results of my efforts on this project.

Well, I came back to this tonight and actually watched the video... WOW... I learned a BUNCH..... So much for the square inch Scale factor idea... I like the LINE method in the video.... Impressive....

I have seen this file or the Deer File many times... It makes the Laser Engraver Forum posts every year..... It may already be in Corel Vector format too... for laser cut path... no tabs..

Thanks for making the video.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

3. Default

I would encourage you to get a better mike and make more videos, it was very well done.

Thanks guys... I appreciate it. It really was a spur of the moment thing. but I'm glad that it was useful.

I've been looking at better microphones and will probably be getting one sooner rather than later. It's so easy to do screen capture videos and post them that hopefully I'll be able to show more of how I do certain techniques- this has a two-fold advantage in that it may help folks and it also has in the past pointed out some of my weaker areas and folks have pointed out to me better ways to do certain things. There are so many different ways to skin a cat when it comes to the software and I certainly appreciate folks' help in the past and hope that I can return the favor in what little way I can.

Lawrence

Default 2D (Flat) reindeer pattern results

Again, thanks to everyone for your suggestions as to how to go about doing this project. Attached is the results of my try at it. I imported the file posted in my original post and used it as a pattern. I then used the arc and line tools to trace the outlines of each piece and placed a cut path on each piece. I then deleted the original pattern leaving only the cut lines for the individual pieces. This method was a little time consuming but seems to work fine as long as the pattern isn't too intricate. The picture is of the same pattern cut with my band saw last year. As a side note; This was my first cut with the new Ringneck Blues DC attached to my machine and it worked great. Thank you Mr. FWHarris.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Reindeer.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Geomoo1; 04-10-2013 at 06:49 PM.

George,

That came out real nice. You are right the trace process does take some time to lay out all of the paths. The fast and easy way would be to convert your art work to a dxf file and then import that into designer.

Glad you are enjoying your dust collection attachment, thanks for the feedback.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    George,

That came out real nice. You are right the trace process does take some time to lay out all of the paths. The fast and easy way would be to convert your art work to a dxf file and then import that into designer.

Glad you are enjoying your dust collection attachment, thanks for the feedback.
    Yeah. I plan on getting the DXF program a little later down the line when I can save up the bucks. This fixed income is a real bummer. I do, however, have the free Inkscape program to convert the files to DXF. All I have to do is learn how to use it but I am still struggling with Designer for the time being.

You did a GREAT job! Excellent work!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by Geomoo1 View Post
    Yeah. I plan on getting the DXF program a little later down the line when I can save up the bucks. This fixed income is a real bummer. I do, however, have the free Inkscape program to convert the files to DXF. All I have to do is learn how to use it but I am still struggling with Designer for the time being.
    Let us know if you need any dxf files converted for you..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Let us know if you need any dxf files converted for you..
    Thanks. I'll do that. And thanks to all for the compliments.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12