Thread: 2-sided carve

Default 2-sided carve

I'm trying to do a two sided carve. I'm trying to learn a little more on pushing these buttons it doesn't look like the back feet are lined up on the reverse side, I also wanted to know if it tapers on the cut out, if it does ..great..if it don't how could I do I change that to feather the cut outs?
    Attached Files Attached Files

That's cause they are not the same size front and rear!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by badbert; 04-03-2013 at 09:00 PM.
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

What badbert said. You should study this tutorial: http://www.carvewright.com/assets/ti...cks_Sept09.pdf. Your pattern is not well suited for what I beleive you are trying to do. It looks like it was derived from a drawing. To do what I understand you want to do, you need a quality pattern with rounded edges.

I wasn't doing that as a project and was trying to learn how to do it, and I did learn a little bit more on the 2-sided carve my thanks go to you guys..

The easiest way to do this, Is lock the pattern in place with center both. When you get the pattern how you like it, on the front side, copy it and then set your cut path. Click the R icon to flip the board and then paste the pattern. Use flip to get it to match the cutout. Since you copied it from the front side. The one you paste onto the back will be identical in size. And locked in position by the center restraints.
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!