Thread: Help with recovering patterns

Default Help with recovering patterns

I opened up designer and it gave me an error GUI stop working. It closed it and I reopened it. But when I went to patterns to open one none of mine were in it? It was just the basics, just like it was when I opened it for the first time after I installed the software! Can anyone tell me why and how can I get my patterns back?

It sounds like something got corrupted on your computer.

Does designer show that it is registered to you or a trial version? Hopefully it still shows registered.

Go to this location on your computer C:\Users\Owner\CarveWright and see if "favorites.mpn" files is there. Note do not double click on it. This file is your pattern list in designer. See what it shows for "date modified".

Any patterns that you have purchased from the CarveWright pattern depot can be re down loaded from your customer account. You will need to log into it from the help tab in designer.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

It has my software and patterns that I bought and all the projects of the month. I had just made a back up of every thing last night so I copied the back file of the favorite mpn to my computer and now I have everything back. Just don't know why it lost it!

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    It has my software and patterns that I bought and all the projects of the month. I had just made a back up of every thing last night so I copied the back file of the favorite mpn to my computer and now I have everything back. Just don't know why it lost it!
    Now that is what I call good luck and timing. I have no clue as to what would of happened to cause it..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

5. Default

If you used win 7 or xp pro and have the system protection turned on you can use that to rollback your system and everything will come back like before.
    Always backing up your favorites.mpn file.
    Last edited by www.carvenow.com; 03-28-2013 at 10:58 AM.
    H. T.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Friends Don't Let Friends Use bad patterns!
    For high quality patterns please email me or check out my website at: http://carvenow.com . Thanks!
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *