Thread: Gradient Designer

Default Gradient Designer

So - Using Wineskin, I got Wolfie's Gradient Designer running on my Mac, no virtualization needed. It's not perfect, but it functions. It's the closest we Mac users are likely to get to a native version unless and until someone writes one for real. I offer it for free with no warranty. I didn't create the bits, I just put them together, so I take no responsibility and offer no support. Tested only on my MacBook Pro running 10.8.3. Enjoy.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/28082075/Gradient Designer.zip

Uploaded prematurely. Sorry. Seems to run, but the files it saves are broken. Useful as a curiosity only. If I get it to work, I'll repost it.
    Last edited by Cavallo; 03-27-2013 at 09:12 PM.

Cavallo you are learning and helping every one here. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and expertise.

3. Default

You can take any shape gradient on a layer in PS and use the Curves dialog on it to create any profile you want. One easy way is to Gaussian blur a black object, drag the left and right nodes of the curves dialog in a little to make a straight gradient, then open curves again and use the pencil to create a profile for a frame border.

I've used curves in PS plenty, and that's a great technique, Alan. Curves doesn't always yield the results I expect, however. Also, not everyone has PS. For those who don't, this is a handy little tool.

Ugh. Well, it seems that the files it creates are empty, so it's useless. Sorry for the false hope. If I get it working, I'll repost.