Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inaccuracy

Well heck, I design my projects more like the Shop bot then. In the 6 or more years I always added the extra 3.5 to 4" in the Designer page and never like MT does to produce a Carvewright part.

If you have a long board why would you want it centered it anyway? In Designer just add the 4" on the right side for the roller and " Keep the same" and "place on corner"... you won't waste as much wood this way...
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 03-27-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Either one works, just pick which one works best for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Yes, very true...

On a side note for a guy that designs on both systems for the forums Why do we not ( Carvewright users) have a free plan for a wooden charcole smoker?? Which is the greatest thing since gold teeth?

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    It's a little hard to remember the details when you are first starting out, but after you do a few projects you'll wonder how you ever thought it was "hard"!

I have a ShopBot, too. One of the "Buddy" models, which as you may know, feeds the material in the x-axis just like the CarveWright does (albeit not via traction belts and rollers). Although we don't need to add an extra 7" to the length of the material for our ShopBots, we do have allow enough extra material to accomodate hold-down screws or clamps to the machine bed (unless you own a vacuum hold down system).

So, there are similarities, and there are differences, between the two CNC systems. I design monthly projects for both types. I do find myself having to "mentally adjust" to each one when embarking on my twice-a-month design process!

Remember, this forum is a wealth of knowledge and helpful people. Everyone will scramble to help you when you have questions, so don't be shy. Do read the Tips & Tricks, though. they will help you avoid a lot of 'pilot errors'.

We were waiting for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Since Place on End was brought up...

I use place on end or corner about 99.9% of the time.... For one... It only measures the board Once and from the head end.... IF you use Center on Board the Measuring 2 times is unnecessary Servo Time and Wear on the Belts and Motors... Not to mention over the life of the machine the Extra Electricity you are spending.... That is an exageration... But true to some extent...

Just my .2 Kill-O-Watt Hours.... IE... 2 Cents...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12