Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cedar Fence Boards

Those look great, I will give some carves a try.

Thanks,
    Shane

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    This one is done in 8/4" Spanish Cedar. It's really simple but it's what the customer wanted. His wife's name is Felice. The wood is REALLY soft and pricey but, beautiful!
    Hi Steve,

I've carved a lot of Spanish Cedar and love it, too! It is NOT Cedar, though. It's actually in the Mahogany family. It gets its name (a misnomer) because of the strong scent, which I am sure you've noticed, as I have. The dust is not safe to breath - almost as bad as MDF for me - stops up my sinuses for days, if I'm not careful.

I have seen some really great carves on Cedar here on this forum, and elswhere. Unfortunately, the Cedar readily available in my area (fence boards) is really, really bad for machining. It is very "stringy" and the fuzzies are just impossible to deal with. I'm envious of you lucky guys that can get "the good stuff" in your areas and you have done some beautiful work with it!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

PCOutlaw, The font is "Matador" I just Googled "Spanish Fonts" and found it. Best of all it was a free download.
    Steve

I wish I could find the greek fonts the real lettering something like this (καλωσόρισμα ) it mean welcome , as you type the greek fonts it should come out like I posted does anyone no were I can find this help
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Michael, I didn't know that "Spanish Cedar" really isn't cedar. I bought a 12 foot long by 6 1/2 inch wide board that was just short of 2 inches thick for just over $100.00. It was also quarter sawn. I cut it in two 5 foot sections, grain matched, jointed, and glued them together to get a really beautiful board about 12 inches wide. Final dimensions of the sign were 48 inches by 9 1/2 inches by 1 1/2 inches thick. A bit pricey but, it sure made a pretty sign!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    PCOutlaw, The font is "Matador" I just Googled "Spanish Fonts" and found it. Best of all it was a free download.
    Thanks Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12