Thread: Clear Board Sensor with Lexan?

Default Clear Board Sensor with Lexan?

All, I am trying to do a lexan project 12 x 14." I have it mounted to a 1/2 thick sled, and repeatedly am getting a CLEAR BOARD SENSOR error. It senses fine loading wood, I did two projects to test that theory afterwards. I have tried to cover the protective film with masking tape, no joy. Spray painted the tape with grey primer, no joy.

Even went as far as taking out the sensor and cleaning it. If it works fine with wood, whats the issue?

Anyone have an idea to make this work?

Do a sensor check to see what your readings are.

Try putting some white paper over the lexan to see it that helps..
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Remember to do the White Copy Paper Test... A 156 Cranked Down on White Paper.... That will tell you the functionality of the Board Sensor... And your sled has NO Voids and has END Pieces.... Remember the Board Sensor turns ON after the board comes out from under the ROLLER... So this could just be not understanding the Sled and Machine.... The Sled must have a End Board. As in is there a edge for the board sensor to see when the sides come out from under the rollers...

A picture of your Jig posted here would be worth a 1000 words.... I am just Guessing....

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 03-23-2013 at 05:49 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

If you are getting a good reading testing with the white copy paper try letting off the head pressure a little at the time an try starting the project again. Works on my B & C machine.