Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First "Show"

1. Default

It has been my experience that contacts made at shows, etc, will make purchases for up to a couple of months from the time of the show. I have heard from folks as long as a year after.
    Nice work!

Great Job on your first show!! My first one was a little scary! A lot of venders forget were they are selling, and thus don't understand there market! The networking is more important than a physical sale. A sale from a booth is normally a small item. When they call you looking for something custom that's were the money is!

Are you set up to take credit cards? I advertise that I do, the square reader has made a huge change in income potential.

Good luck to you, keep going! Try to have fun!

Just Curious, what was the other sign maker? Were they wood and carving as well?

Northwestern Ouisconsin on the south shore of Lake Superior

Quote Originally Posted by LoafersCorner View Post
    Just Curious, what was the other sign maker? Were they wood and carving as well?
    The other sign vendor was also a cnc carver using a "Shark" system. We swapped talk about techniques and stuff. He also was expanded into aidirondak style deck furniture and an ecclectic assortment of woodcrafts.

Northwestern Ouisconsin on the south shore of Lake Superior

Quote Originally Posted by lostparts View Post
    Great Job on your first show!! My first one was a little scary! A lot of venders forget were they are selling, and thus don't understand there market! The networking is more important than a physical sale. A sale from a booth is normally a small item. When they call you looking for something custom that's were the money is!

Are you set up to take credit cards? I advertise that I do, the square reader has made a huge change in income potential.

Good luck to you, keep going! Try to have fun!
    LOST,
    I concur that market target is hugely important. Can't sell hamburgers at a PETA convention.
    I don't use CC's in any of my businesses. Been giving some thought to it as of late but don't expect to be doing much in the show/flea market type of circuit. Main sales is golf course benches and signage that lead to additional custom work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12