Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just learning...

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    First thing to do is the cut motor test. On the keypad 0 - 8 - 4. See if the motor spins up.
    It finally got running this time but what do I do if it doesn't start up?

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    here's something almost of what you have..
    Wow, that is almost the same.

During the start up routine did the bit spin during the bit measurement step? Since this is a new machine it is possible that you might have some loose connections from being bounced around during shipping. With the machine unplugged take the bottom cover off and check all of the connectors to make sure they are tight. You might have to crimp any loose ones you find.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by liblakelady View Post
    Here is the carve: thanks for all your help. It took me a bit to get it working but I think that is just beginners' learning curve. For some reason, I can carve on normal but when I change to best in the upload, I get errors at the machine.

Attachment 61145
    For this particular pattern, you might also want to try inverting it. Just right click on it an select Invert pattern. You might like the way that looks even better.

dave

5. Default

My shop is only about 5 miles from you, well maybe 7. If you have any more problems pack up your machine and computer (if you can) and swing by the shop. If you had been here today you could have met Robert. We had to do some repairs to his machine. Shoot me an email and we can set a time and day OR just give me a call to make sure I'm gonna be here for a while. I tend to wander off every now and then. LOL
    Last edited by TerryT; 03-24-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    My shop is only about 5 miles from you, well maybe 7. If you have any more problems pack up your machine and computer (if you can) and swing by the shop. If you had been here today you could have met Robert. We had to do some repairs to his machine. Shoot me an email and we can set a time and day OR just give me a call to make sure I'm gonna be here for a while. I tend to wander off every now and then. LOL
    I ran all the checks last night. Every thing came out ok until I got to the cut motor. I had to do it 3 times before the motor ran. Then I did it 2 more times and the motor ran every time. I'm scratching my head now.

Quote Originally Posted by liblakelady View Post
    I ran all the checks last night. Every thing came out ok until I got to the cut motor. I had to do it 3 times before the motor ran. Then I did it 2 more times and the motor ran every time. I'm scratching my head now.
    It is probably a dirty cover switch for the cut motor. The one away from the key pad.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    It is probably a dirty cover switch for the cut motor. The one away from the key pad.
    Today I started a project and got to the flip with no problems. I think my wood was too warped and I aborted but not until after a good routed cut. Then I put a new board in and started up for another project. Good wood this time. It ran through all the measure and bit process and then stopped and gave me a "motor RPM sensor fault" error. This machine has 4 hours on it. What am I doing wrong?

PS... Thanks to all for the great help till now. I am really enjoying the forum and try searching for answers before asking.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post

Terry,

I'm thinking I need to see if you can CARVE (pun intended) out some time for me. I'm still fighting with cut motor issues. I have been able to get the machine carving but with only 4 hours on it I'm concerned about the error message.

10. Default

I'd be happy to take a look and see if we can find out whats going on. Tomorrow or Monday will work for me. Give me a call when you can, we'll figure out a time that works. The number is on both websites below.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast