Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just learning...

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    I'd be happy to take a look and see if we can find out whats going on. Tomorrow or Monday will work for me. Give me a call when you can, we'll figure out a time that works. The number is on both websites below.
    Terry,

Thanks for all your help today. I really learned a lot from you. I came home and lubed the machine with Teflon. Then I tried running the cut motor test and it isn't working...again. I'll call LHR on Monday and see if they can shed any light on the matter. This is getting frustrating for sure.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by liblakelady View Post
    Terry,

Thanks for all your help today. I really learned a lot from you. I came home and lubed the machine with Teflon. Then I tried running the cut motor test and it isn't working...again. I'll call LHR on Monday and see if they can shed any light on the matter. This is getting frustrating for sure.
    Darn!! I was hoping it would keep working for you. An intermitant cut motor problem like that has almost got to be a bad solder joint, loose wire type of thing. One possibility may be the T1 transistor (if I remember Al's comments correctly) on the X-Termination board. Finding the problem may be a real task, however. Hopefully the Carvewright techs have run across this problem before and have some insight. Let me know what they say.
    Last edited by TerryT; 03-29-2013 at 08:57 PM.

I recently had a cut motor issue and this was the problem. Notice the burnt connector. I don't know enough about small motors to speak intelligently about it but I do know that it basically stopped working. I went thru the motor twice before I noticed that too. A new motor was the fix.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1364650586928.jpg  
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123