Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Axis stall - Z Axis stall E06-0313 - Z and Cut motor tests just loop

i did, i have the correct motor, just trying to swap one thing at a time trying to figure out the problem, like i said the guy that had it before me had this error many times , he even sent it to LHR to be fixed, not sure what was done to it, but it did run at least 3 projects before the errors started again
    Start U Member

You might be able to find out from LHR what they did to the machine.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

changed ffc cable back to the origional one i took off and left my spare z motor on, ran sensor check all is well, went thru process of running project, all went well it went thru the board measurment and the bit touch with the carving bit, then prompted for the v60 bit , changed bit out hit enter and back to origional error.
    powered off and powered back on tried to start this same project and bammo same error as soon as i press enter on the project.plugged in new ffc cable without bending anything on it to see if i am not messing them up with bends and get same error.
    steve
    Start U Member

Time to swap the computer and the Power Supply..
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

i have located the power supply on the assembly guide and parts list , but not the computer are you reffering to the controller box and is there any chance that swapping these out will mess up the good ones ,i am asking because i think i remember seeing something on forum about one part or another that cant be swapped out
    steve
    Start U Member

Where the Controller / Computer are concerned.... Yes, Caution is Advised....

One option is to send the Power Supply, Computer, Z Motor, Y Motor, and the FSC Cable and the big circuit board with the wings to LHR for testing... That still would not test the cables from the computer to the Wing Board....

What you really need is to have a 2nd machine and put one part in the good machine and run it.... looking for a failure... At least that is the way I would handle this... You have SO many possible problems... It could simply be the BIG Wing Connector solder joints.... OR a Crimp on the wires from the computer....

A intermittant Power Supply SERVO Power could be casuing this....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Thank you Al, I do have other machines, I will replace one part at a Time till I get it figured out, I also have a spare computer and controller board from a parts machine I had purchased
    steve
    Start U Member

THAT will save you some money.....

Good Job...

AL

Ok I took the power supply off of bad machine and put on machine with no problems and did a carve successful , then took z motor off of bad machine and put on old machine and it carved no problem , I am at a standstill on this machine. Wanting o get it up and going because it has the carvetight and the rubber belts so I can use rotary jig on this machine if I can get it going. What now? I have replaced the FCC cable as well . What next ?
    Start U Member

FSC Cable.... Correct....

AL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast