Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Axis stall - Z Axis stall E06-0313 - Z and Cut motor tests just loop

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Axis stall - Z Axis stall E06-0313 - Z and Cut motor tests just loop

OK got new Power supply, New Z motor, New ribbon cable.. checked all wiring.. still getting Z Axis stall E06-0313 after selecting project and hitting start. When I do tests X & Y are fine.. Z and Cut motor test just loops with start press with nothing happening.. What now?????

Recheck ends of the FFC ribbon and wiring to the z motor. The cut motor test first uses the y and z to center the carriage, so it is probably only the z causing the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Recheck ends of the FFC ribbon and wiring to the z motor. The cut motor test first uses the y and z to center the carriage, so it is probably only the z causing the problem.
    Thanks.. but still nothing. Connection on the new FFC cable are secure and new Z motor connector is firm and connected well as other connections on the termination card. I notices small resistors on the termination card, is there chance one is fried? I do not see damage as one would see with a bad resistor.

Rick, you ever find solution to your problem, I ask because i have same problem, get z axis stall E06-0313 as soon as i select project, no movements or anything, i have changed ffc cable and also checked to make sure all plugged in firmly.
    steve
    Start U Member

changed ffc cable back to the origional one i took off and left my spare z motor on, ran sensor check all is well, went thru process of running project, all went well it went thru the board measurment and the bit touch with the carving bit, then prompted for the v60 bit , changed bit out hit enter and back to origional error.
    powered off and powered back on tried to start this same project and bammo same error as soon as i press enter on the project.plugged in new ffc cable without bending anything on it to see if i am not messing them up with bends and get same error.
    steve
    Start U Member

Time to swap the computer and the Power Supply..
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

it is the controller board,, took the one out of problem machine and put in running machine and get the , E06-0313 error z axis stall as soon as i hit enter on project, New controller is over $300.
    I do have a controller off a spare parts machine, can it be used? Can it be recalibrated for my machine?
    steve
    Start U Member

You should be able to swap that out and yes you will need to go through the calibration procedures. Any machine info (ID etc.) will be for the machine you took it out of.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Look closely. Does the z twitch before the stall message. If it does, then the computer is not getting the encoder data indicating the z movement. Check the encoder for dust or loose disc.

The FSC Cable has a Contact Side and a Plastic Side... It IS possible to install it with the plastic where the contacts should be....

Don't know if you changed the FSC Cable THEN had the problem or Changed the FSC Cable and STILL have the problem....

Dust in the Encoder like posted above.
    Broken wire on the plug inside the Encoder
    Bad Computer as in the Z Driver...

A Motor Swap is in order.... If you have one...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast