Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Axis stall - Z Axis stall E06-0313 - Z and Cut motor tests just loop

Question Axis stall - Z Axis stall E06-0313 - Z and Cut motor tests just loop

OK got new Power supply, New Z motor, New ribbon cable.. checked all wiring.. still getting Z Axis stall E06-0313 after selecting project and hitting start. When I do tests X & Y are fine.. Z and Cut motor test just loops with start press with nothing happening.. What now?????

Recheck ends of the FFC ribbon and wiring to the z motor. The cut motor test first uses the y and z to center the carriage, so it is probably only the z causing the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Recheck ends of the FFC ribbon and wiring to the z motor. The cut motor test first uses the y and z to center the carriage, so it is probably only the z causing the problem.
    Thanks.. but still nothing. Connection on the new FFC cable are secure and new Z motor connector is firm and connected well as other connections on the termination card. I notices small resistors on the termination card, is there chance one is fried? I do not see damage as one would see with a bad resistor.

Rick, you ever find solution to your problem, I ask because i have same problem, get z axis stall E06-0313 as soon as i select project, no movements or anything, i have changed ffc cable and also checked to make sure all plugged in firmly.
    steve
    Start U Member

Look closely. Does the z twitch before the stall message. If it does, then the computer is not getting the encoder data indicating the z movement. Check the encoder for dust or loose disc.

The FSC Cable has a Contact Side and a Plastic Side... It IS possible to install it with the plastic where the contacts should be....

Don't know if you changed the FSC Cable THEN had the problem or Changed the FSC Cable and STILL have the problem....

Dust in the Encoder like posted above.
    Broken wire on the plug inside the Encoder
    Bad Computer as in the Z Driver...

A Motor Swap is in order.... If you have one...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I just took apart again , took truck off looked at gears and checked for dust not any dust or broken teeth , i had hand on flex shaft to see if i felt any movement before error . and there was none. i have had machine several months bought it off a member of forum that kept having the same problem . he sent it in to LHR and had problem fixed and sent back. i carved maybe 3 projects on it and i started to get this error midway through a carve. decided to see if ffc cable problem, changed it and walla i have the same error as soon as i hit enter on choosing a project.
    i did a sensor check and all seemed normal.
    also i have spare parts from other machine. was wondering about the board that this plugs up to on the truck could that be replaced with one from other machine to see if it is bad?
    Start U Member

As the Robot on Lost In Space would say at a time like this.... "Danger young Will Robionson.... Danger..."

I posted the pictures to help, but YES you can swap some of the boards and see what the REAL Problem is....

The Danger is the possibility of using a old 18 pin board on either end of the FSC Cable... IF you put a old 18 pin board on the machine and plugged in the FSC Cable you would likely short out the computer....

You must look at the pictures and be sure you can identify a 18 pin board and a 14 pin board... 14 pin is the Newer one and the standard....

Likely one of your boards on either end of the FSC Cable is Intermittant.. a Cracked Solder connection or trace.... EVEN a loose plug between the lower board and the Computer... OR even the Cable from and to the Computer...

AND.. Likely the Z Motor is bad too.. OR simply the plug that brings in power to the back encoder board. LOOK at the Encoder Board Pictures... Sometimes the plastic plug in inserted into the encoder board and not pushed down all the way. When it is soldered, it sticks up slightly... Then over time since the plug is actually soldered on the Bottom to a donut solder pad... The Solder Pad PUSHES away from the Circuit Board snapping this connection as from the donut a copper trace goes to the BIG tabs on either side of the motor to bring power to the motor. ONE little broken DO NUT or donut copper pad can cause havoc as it will make and break due to vibration.... I made a fortune at SONY fixing such problems.... You just need to know what to look for.... OR Re Solder all the connector plugs....

And a update... I call the old version a 16 pin in older pictures... it is actually 18 and I corrected some. On the Encoder... The Copper Trace for the MOTOR Power is actually on the TOP of the board... and hard to see.... my bad... And the lower board.... the new 14 pin has WINGS to lock the plug in place.... NO Wings on the older WRONG board...

Good Luck...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06653_WEB.jpg   DSC06655_WEB.jpg   DSC06657_WEB.jpg   DSC06680_WEB.jpg  

DSC07489_WEB.jpg   DSC06549_WEB.jpg   DSC06550_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 12-23-2013 at 05:36 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

just got thru swapping out z motor and it dose same thing , as soon as i go to project menu and select project i get the error, no movement in z truck at all. may try another ffc cable to see if maybe the new one i put on is bad. shop is cold now will have to wait till tomorro and build a fire in stove before i tackle it anymore
    Start U Member

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterman View Post
    just got thru swapping out z motor and it dose same thing , as soon as i go to project menu and select project i get the error, no movement in z truck at all. may try another ffc cable to see if maybe the new one i put on is bad. shop is cold now will have to wait till tomorro and build a fire in stove before i tackle it anymore
    Don't forget to look at the above photos.

AL

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast