Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tool safety

Please know we are thinking of you and your family- may you heal as quickly and painlessly as possible.

As for the grrr-ipper... I have 2 and really like mine. (in addition to the microjig splitter) I really like them (especially with the thin rip attachment) They are a great addition to my arsenal of safety jigs/tools and though aren't appropriate for every situation, make some cuts much safer.

As a matter of honest full disclosure- the company (microjig) just sent me their new tapering jig to try out- free of charge - due to some feedback I gave them as well as an email. This gift was neither solicited nor expected but it is appreciated and I'll be giving them lots of honest feedback on how it works for me.

Again, please heal quickly,
    Lawrence

I purchased two of the Grrr-Rippers last year at the Wood Show, and love them. They beat all of the other pushers hands down. My son (14yr) doesn't use the router or the table saw without using atleast one of them. (He also loves them) With my handicapped hands, I can't hold onto alot of the pushers that are out there, but the Grrr-Ripper has a nice big handle which is not that difficult to hold onto and it keeps my hands well away from the blades. (Seeings how my fingers sometimes have a mind of their own)
    Highly recommend to anybody who uses a table saw or router.

@ FWHARRIS...........thank you. Everyone should take the time and read these stories. It makes you rethink SAFETY. As most know I'm an old machinist and still have all my fingers, but safety has always been a #1 reason. Just reading these stories will make you stop and think the next time you flip that switch. Thanks for the refresher lesson. Be SAFE not SORRY
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

I mentioned I already own a SawStop table saw...but, it got me thinking about my radial arm saw (perhaps even more prone to cutting off a bunch of fingers). So...I called SawStop main office headquarters yesterday asking if they are coming out with a Radial SawStop. They are indeed looking at doing that, as well as a bandsaw version and other tools, but sadly, I was told it could be as long as ten years out on those iterations. Be that as it may, nothing beats good-ol-fashioned shop safety procedures and attentiveness from the user of course.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123