Thread: additive elements to scan

Northwestern Ouisconsin on the south shore of Lake Superior

Default additive elements to scan

I think that might be the correct title but verbage may be incorrect.

I scanned some 1911 Colt grips. That came out fine except I had to adjust the size a bit. I added a dinosaur to the grips and the "checkering" on the grip came through. The dinosaur is raised above the grip level using merge-additive.

How does one add the dinosaur without the checkering coming thru on the dinosaur surface?

Clear as mud?

Thanks for the help

pjs

I think you can achieve the results you want by changing the "Carving Depth" of the added pattern.
    My Website: www.edscustomcarved.com
    Patterns or projects made, and uploaded by me, are not to be sold on E-Bay, EVER !.
    Thank You....

Lower the checkering height, and raise the dinosaur height, and as EdB stated work with the depths too.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Northwestern Ouisconsin on the south shore of Lake Superior

I did some messing around with that but I guess not enough. Thanks. (BTW the checkering is part of the orig scan, not additive.

It is still a pattern, and you can place one on top of the other using methods mentioned. Try no additive, then try the heights.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie