Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Centerline text?

Default Centerline text?

Do you assign a bit when using centerline txt?

With the centerline text it defaults to the 90 degree bit. You can change it to the 60 degree bit if you desire.

Thanks! I learn something every time I come here

If you already have not, check out Tips and Tricks on the LHR page.

If you design a project Text and assign the V90 bit but actually install the V60 bit the letters will cut funny... A "I" will have a Y top and in inverted Y on the bottom. How do I know that....? LOL... We are always learning.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

You can assign any of the bits to centerline text. You would most likely only want to use the 90 and 60 V-bits but depending on what you are looking to do, others could be assigned. You can just mess around in designer assigning bits to see what effect it has on the project.

I agree with Ton80, depending on the font selected you can come up with some interesting letters, but if the font squares off the corners,use only the 90 or 60 deg. bits.
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

Been trying to use the centerline text and it seems to never be as deep as I expected. Is there fonts that work better with centerlin than others? What would be the recomended fonts to use with centerline?

Yes some fonts work better than others. You can also try using the font in "bold" to get a deeper cut. I make western type signs and like the font Rio Oro in bold.

Quote Originally Posted by LoafersCorner View Post
    Been trying to use the centerline text and it seems to never be as deep as I expected. Is there fonts that work better with centerlin than others? What would be the recomended fonts to use with centerline?
    I had the same issue with centerline not cutting as deep as I wanted so I let the machine go through all the measurements and when its done and the cut motor turns on, I stop the machine and drop the bit down about 1/8" and then resume. It comes out alot nicer but you need to be careful not to go to deep, just an 1/8" makes a big difference.

another technique is to tell the software you are going to use the 90 degree bit but actually load on the 60... this makes for a deeper cut

Lawrence

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast