Thread: placing tabs

Default placing tabs

I do'nt know why I'm not getting this, but I'm doing a lid for a round box and If I'm cutting a .25 region on the back side do I lose the tabs on the cut out. Inclosed is a file of what I'm doing.
    Attached Files Attached Files

In my experience, when a carve region from behind interferes with a cut out from the front, you get full height tabs. That is, the program ignores your tab height selection and makes huge tabs. You will need an axe to break it free!

so what I understand then is, go though the cut path for the tabs and they are placed without me doin anything else.

Yes, the cut path will place the tabs for you. You will not know where they will be and in the case where a carve region on the back touches the cut path, the tab heights will be made large.

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I do'nt know why I'm not getting this, but I'm doing a lid for a round box and If I'm cutting a .25 region on the back side do I lose the tabs on the cut out. Inclosed is a file of what I'm doing.
    Please see page 6 of the following Tips & Tricks for a little further explanation of Cut Path tab behaviour when there is a carved area on the back of a board:

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/ti...icks_Feb09.pdf

(The tabs would not be overly large nor as deep as the full depth of the board in a typical design layout of this kind.)
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══