Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just in time for Easter!

Awesome Thanks! Could you have turned the pattern without the cut path? Just trying to figure out what you can / can't do with designer. Did you do this with one of the other software packages? When I bought my machine last week at the Ft. Worth show, Joe from CarveWright suggested getting to know designer, then figuring out what other packages to get. I do like this approach. That being said, what would be the next one to get for creating my own designs?

Yes the pattern can be rotated. I don't have any of the other packages.
    "Carved with Love"

Happiness comes from within.
    But joy comes from helping others.

Measure twice... and then sneak up on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Proctorw View Post
    Awesome Thanks! Could you have turned the pattern without the cut path? Just trying to figure out what you can / can't do with designer. Did you do this with one of the other software packages? When I bought my machine last week at the Ft. Worth show, Joe from CarveWright suggested getting to know designer, then figuring out what other packages to get. I do like this approach. That being said, what would be the next one to get for creating my own designs?
    You can only rotate Raster files ((PTN). You would need to remove the cut path, rotate the patterns and then re-apply the cut path. If you have more than one PTN then you would need to select all PTN's you want to rotate or it will put a cut path on each PTN file. The cut path is a floating Vector file.

The Designer program comes with the machine; you need your serial number to apply. Next I would get the Pattern Editor/ with the scanning Probe, and the Centerline program. I don’t use the other CW programs. I use other market programs. If you send me a PM with your e-mail I can send you some samples of my patterns and PDF’s of how I use my other programs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails birds 32_DISP-cw.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bjbethke; 03-17-2013 at 12:15 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

I did register the machine and have been using Designer. I think the scanning probe is my next purchase. This weekend I just ordered the Dust Collector hood. I pm'd you with my information. Thanks for your help.

just a quick FYI- the scanning probe from lowes comes from LHR and is usually significantly cheaper (and comes with the pattern editor software too)
    http://www.lowes.com/pd_70921-89707-...ght&facetInfo=

you'll probably save on shipping too

Lawrence

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123