Thread: cut motor wires

Default cut motor wires

I have a question about the cut motor wires... I've replaced the brushes in the motor about 4 times and the wires for the motor stick up and stop my z-motor from going all the way to the right not allowing the plate to come out is the wires supposed to be behind the dust cover or in front of it I thought that going behind the dust cover would pinch the wires and going in front of it they stick up and I've tried to tuck them down but they keep popping up.

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I have a question about the cut motor wires... I've replaced the brushes in the motor about 4 times and the wires for the motor stick up and stop my z-motor from going all the way to the right not allowing the plate to come out is the wires supposed to be behind the dust cover or in front of it I thought that going behind the dust cover would pinch the wires and going in front of it they stick up and I've tried to tuck them down but they keep popping up.
    The cut motor wires should be tucked into the far back corner. You can also tape them to the cover to make sure they stay in place. Also make sure they are pushed down all of the way into the compartment at the end of the cut motor.

If your wires also have the hard plastic wire cover on them you can take that off.. see pic 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wire_1a.jpg   wire with guard.jpg  
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

thank you, the two conectors for the cut motor are what is hitting the x- motor and stopping it from going all the way over, I just needed to know how it was routed and get them out of the way.

I had a smiliar problem with the wires not seating right so I just drilled a small hole in the cover and zip tied the wires to the back of the cover. Works great now.

Rob