Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: y axis problem

Default y axis problem

I need help, when I start a project, the truck moves all the way to the left (towards the key pad) and keeps going and does'nt want to stop, the belt keeps turning but the truck is all the way to the end, then I get a message on the key pad (Y axis problem). If I move it to the middle and try again sometimes it gets stuck before it gets to the end , the belt guide (I think thats what its called) rubs or hits the back almost where the y motor sits, anyway I can't figure out what to do, I bought it used w 750 hrs and I probably already put on another 50hrs or so. thanks for any input

Y gear housing bearings most likely need to be replace, along with all the other maintenance procedures that need to be accomplished.

Take a look at this link for the maintenance requirements you need to complete http://www.carvewright.com/support-page/maintenance/

If I understand what you are saying.... The head goes to the left and normally bumps into the keypad side doing it's Home Finding. You say the head hits the left side but the BELT keeps on moving.... If I got that right...

If SO, then the screws that pinch the belt to the Y Truck are LOOSE....

OR.... The Y truck hits the keypad side and the SERVO MOTOR keeps running as in the GEAR BOX is slipping... And in that case the bearings or plastic gear is bad OR the Y Motor is LOOSE and OUT OF ADJUSTMENT away from the proper meshing of the Servo Motor and Gear.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC08528.JPG   DSC06301_WEB.jpg   DSC08064_WEB.jpg   DSC00486_WEB.jpg  

DSC09644_WEB.jpg   DSC00488_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I would check the tension on the Y belt. I check everything that has been suggested and it ended up being the belt was broke.
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

Thank you everyone for your input, I have done alot of the maintanence that are on the videos, even adjusted the belt per video so it is not broken, Im gonna check the screws that pinch the belt for looseness, that is the part that rubs or sometimes gets stuck when the truck is moving to the left(key pad side). Im also gonna check the y motor for looseness but I dont know how to adjust it , maybe you could post a link on that , for now thank you again for all of your input, I'll let yall know what happens, thanks

There is not really a adjustment for the motor. There is one for the belt on the right side.

Leo
    Life is to short carve something today
    Leo Davenport
    Enjoy Life Carve Something everyday

Diditalworkshop, you were right, the screws that hold the belt were loose, so i tighten them then I tried a project and the truck got stuck while moving to the left, so i loosen the bearing that is on your #2 pic (top right side) and tried again and it worked. I'm not sure how to adjust that bearing so i just turned it so it can clear that area where that bracket that holds the belt doesnt rub or gett stuck, If you know how to adjust it, I would like to know, if I tighten it to where it fits snug the truck will get stuck ,I have included a picture to so you where it rubd or gets stuck, I was thinking of bending it with some pliers , but I'll wait and see what you think, Thanks again I really appreciate it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0927.jpg  

I think you should take a closer look at the bracket that holds the belt behind the carriage. It may be sticking out too far. Look at Al's 3rd picture. The bracket has to hook under before the screws are tightened.

Any chance that this scrape mark is caused by a Bearing Screw that is TOO LONG? Goes all the way thought the bearing and scrapes.

Got lucky on the loose Y belt screws....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

10. Default

I'll take a look at the bracket that holds the belt, and it is that same bracket thats rubbing and sometimes it gets stuck too, I moved it (the truck) back and forth with my hand and thats how I can tell that bracket was rubbing. I just started another project and its still working,after this i'll take a pick of the bracket to see if the belt is routed right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast